RF 7 value

mxr dad

I have been wanting to find some Forte II and maybe some cornwalls. I have run across some RF 7's. I'm just wondering what the general opinions are. I know sound is subjective, but what do you think? Are the RF 7's "better"? Or maybe I should just wait till I come across some Forte II or Cornwalls? My old Eosone's sound pretty good, but I want a change. (Damn this habitt / hobby / affliction / obsession.

I wonder whats a good price for the RF 7's?

First off welcome to the forum.

Now are these speakers for music only or are they for HT and some music? I only ask because I have the RF-83 and Cornwalls. Now the RF-83 sound better for movies and the Cornwalls sound better for music. Now I understand that some have an all Heritage setup for HT and they sound amazing. That is the wonderful thing about each person, their own opinion.

As far as price is concerned, local is always better, no worries about shipping. Also condition of speakers and finish play a roll in it. I believe some have been sold in the "Garage Sale" area, you can see what they have gone for.

James

if they are in good shape grab them. they were going for around $1400 plus an extra $250 in shipping. then again around here and audiogon some pairs have been as low as $650 (they were b stock, but who cares about that). i would say that price is good.

Just to give ya'll an idea what a RF-7 costs in europe ...

I live in Belgium,.. we use the Euro over here.

I ordered myself a pair of brand new RF-7's for 1.250 € in the Netherlands, should be now 1.849 $ USD

Normally you see them go for about 1.500 €'s over here .... 2.217 $ USD

2 years ago a friend of me bought them too in holland for 3200 €'s ---> 4.733 $ USD !!!

Still,.... 1.250€'s over here is al real good bargin .... very cheap [:)]

... and that's all without shipping costs !

• Moderators

mxr dad, welcome, you may have to wait a while but you could have any of the other speakers you thought about for that same $1000, or a good bit less. Nothing against the RF 7 but they sound different than the ones you listed.

Try to listen to the ones you are interested in and don't rush, you will save money by buying the ones you really want from the start. Find out if there is anyone around that you could go listen to the different flavors and go from there, most people here would give you a listen if you can get to them.

Where do you live " roughly " ?

• Moderators

Just to give ya'll an idea what a RF-7 costs in europe ...

I live in Belgium,.. we use the Euro over here.

I ordered myself a pair of brand new RF-7's for 1.250 € in the Netherlands, should be now 1.849 $ USD

Normally you see them go for about 1.500 €'s over here .... 2.217 $ USD

2 years ago a friend of me bought them too in holland for 3200 €'s ---> 4.733 $ USD !!!

Still,.... 1.250€'s over here is al real good bargin .... very cheap Smile

... and that's all without shipping costs !

Wow that's rough, but you make up for it with cheap prices on real Belgium waffles !......Sorry didn't know what else to say after looking at those prices ? [:|] [;)]

mxr dad, welcome, you may have to wait a while but you could have any of the other speakers you thought about for that same $1000, or a good bit less. Nothing against the RF 7 but they sound different than the ones you listed.

Try to listen to the ones you are interested in and don't rush, you will save money by buying the ones you really want from the start. Find out if there is anyone around that you could go listen to the different flavors and go from there, most people here would give you a listen if you can get to them.

Where do you live " roughly " ?

Very Good Advice.

• Moderators

Well thanks there bigdaddy, but was just talking from my past mistakes, the urge for something now, then spending more in the long run instead of waiting for what you really want.

Bought 5 Synergy's when I was considering the RF 7 a few at a time, then really wanting some Heritage after hearing them. Could have been worse could have also spent money on the Rf's in between the Synergy and the Heritage, at least i now know what kind of sound I do like and the Synergy did bring me to Klipsch !

It's all about those currency's between the US and Europe.

The $ USD stands rather weak compared with the € these days.

A couple of years ago at the start of the € here in europe ... you had approx. 1 $ USD for 1 € ... not anymore though.

Ratings are now like 1€ = 1.47$ USD at the moment.

For us europeans,.. america is a lot cheaper then it used to be .... cheap to go to and to buy things ... thats without no customs calculated in offcourse [:)]

Thanks for the Welcome and suggestions. One thing about it, theres certainly no shortage of choices. Sheesh theres a lot of models to choose/know. I was also looking at some KG 5.2 I may just hang on to the Eosones till I can listen to some of these speakers. I guess I will try to find some setups local. Any members here from the Houston area that doesnt mind a demo?

Klipsch RF-7 : Pricing info
New $2200.00
apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif
apt_dot.gif
apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif apt_dot.gif
$1500.00 High

$1620.00 Last

$740.00 Low
Used $1270.00
Oct 01 Aug 08
Klipsch RF-7 released 2001, 10in woofs
That's a sales history from a good source. I bought RF 7 demos in 2003 for $1800.00 The sound from the RF 7's alone sound very fast and musical when properly set-up and EQ'd. Their sound balanced out extremely well with a Proceed AMP 5, REL sub and two MBM-12's. Adding home theater, I feel the RF7's and most front's/surrounds benefit with occassional addition of mid-bass and bass, especially in large rooms - 900 sf/approx 8500 cf.

Well, my speakers are the next purchase, although I am in no big hurry. I just aquired an Adcom GFA 7300 5 channel int amp. My Receiver is fairly new (2 months) and is a Yamaha RXV 663. I havent even hooked the Adcom up yet, I traded some speakers for the amp. I will probably hook it up tomorrow or the next day.

I passed on the RF 7's because it sounded like they werent in the greatest shape. They wouldve needed new covers and there were scratches on the cabinets. I still havent heard the RF 7's yet, but I will sooner or later.

Come on Arky, dont leave me hangin.lol. Does this mean you think the Yammy 663 or the Adcom GFA 7703 isnt a good match? I know that sound is highly subjective and I know not to buy speakers without listening to them first. I actually made that mistake about 10 years back. Luckily for me it didnt cost me any money, it was a trade, but, Wow, I just re-lived that past moment of dissappointment when you bring new speakers home with high expectations only to be let down. What a horrible feeling. At least I can say been there done that.

I think I will hang on for a while and wait for some Cornwalls or Forte or Hereseys. I'm thinking I can find them local at a good price, then if I dont like them I can turn around and sell them without taking a big hit.

If all else fails, I do have a Crown XLS 402 set up in my garage. I play my drums to my CD's with that hooked up to an older HK AVR 20 II.

Another vote on RF 7's and AMP selection: I thought that the few comments I read on harshness was simply inherent to the RF 7's. I couldn't tame it correctly with any settings on my Yamaha RX-V2400. My RF 7's sound much better with the Proceed AMP 5. The limits of the internal amps in my Yamaha reciever, especially for RF 7's, really stood out. Both the Yamaha and Proceed are rated at 120-125 watts each. Huge difference in smoothness, detail, and balance on a linear scale when adjusting the volume. The calibration is effective throughout all sound modes. Any harshness in the higher frequencies was removed when I added the Proceed and recalibrated. I give the RF 7's and Yamahas' internal "Parametric Room Equalizer" / "set-up" calibrator a huge vote. Automatically adjusting each speakers size, distance, Q, and volumes in 10 separate frequencies to a "flat" response worked great with RF 7's and in my listening area. I was actually considering different speakers before changing out the amp and recalibrating. I'm keeping the RF 7's and matching front and surrounds at his point. Very enjoyable and no extended listener fatigue at all. RF 7's are a great value when properly set-up and amped.