Latest all Klipsch HT build project.

longdrive03

I just built an HT system for my buddy's greatroom. He need it all in a corner between the wall and fireplace and no more than 51" long. I build his TV cabinet stand for the new Samsung 52" TV and LCR and subwoofer. L&R are two K-1053-K 6.5 woofers and K-99 6 3/4" tweeters. Center is two K-1057-K 6.5" woofers and K-99 tweeter. Rear is a Klipsch sub amp and K-1071-A 12" downfiring sub. LCR are cherry veneer on the sides, solid cherry trim, and waterfall bubinga veneer fronts. Sub is solid cherry legs and trim, bubinga vener sides, waterfall bubinga veneer top. TV table is Solid cherry legs and trim, bubinga pommelle veneer on tope and ends. Sound is great and very clear and detailed with his Onkyo receiver. Rear surrounds will come later. He didn't have room for anything bigger but there's always his empty bedroom for the next project! Here's some pics.

Thanks for the compliments guys. The LCR can all be removed from the TV stand. The center can come out from the front but the LR have to be removed from the back. My friend wanted the LR speakers to fill up the available space. We had to squish all this into 51 inches wide by 14 inches deep. I used wipe on poly clear satin finish (7 coats) which is almost foolproof. I may built an omnidirectional rear surround setup next.

everthing I build ends up looking like plywood...Tongue Tied

Michael: Then stop using plywood! LOL Just kiddin' pal. I know exactly what you mean.

longdrive03: Somehow, I can now see the photos. Excellent work! As an example of some of my handiwork, the photo below shows a built-in slot machine table with ball-bearing drawered DVD storage underneath and an attached bookcase with adjustable shelves, all in oak and finished in a waterbased, rosewood stain for our own HT. Everything, including the doors, was made from scratch. It took a bit of practice to get used to using the rails and stiles router bit set for the first time. But, I am no longer intimidated by the mere notion of making my own cabinet doors. LOL -Glenn (sorry about the poor picture quality)

post-10177-1381940032252_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819410471168_thumb.jpg

Man that is nice! Does the handle work and distribute lots of silver dollars when pulled? Amen on the raised panel bit set. I've got one in the garage unopened and I'm waiting for the proper time to open. Like when Norm "The old Yankee workshop" comes to my house! Like everything else (except brain surgery) it is probably not that hard once you get the nack. Your project looks really good.