Colter's Shop of Klipsch

colterphoto1

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah......I too am amazed at how fast all that went up. Shoot - my garage/workshop is almost half that size, I started on it in February of this year, and it's no further along than Michael's. Maybe I should get laid off so I have time to finish my project up!! [:P] [:o]

BTW Michael.......a sheetrock jack????? You're a p*ssy. LOL..........

Seriously.....wish I could've found one of those to rent. Would've saved an awful lot of aggravation and sore muscles.

Tom

Brother Steve owns the jack. We used it to rock his 4500 ft2 house about a decade ago. C'mon 5/8 x 12 foot sheets 11 feet in the air- gimme a break mang! LOL

Drywall about half done on the ceiling now. Got truck in the shop too, looks kinda cool having a vehicle under roof for once in the 5 years I've been here!

M

• Moderators

Looks great, your going to love the space but it will fill quickly.

I do have a question, on the pic " Workshop 091 " did you add to your driveway going back toward the workshop, or did you line the pic up perfectly to make the stone wall look like it connects to the shop ? In one pic the shop looks like a good way from the house and in the other it looks close to the driveway and stone wall.

There is 23 feet between the stone wall and the shop. I'll be putting in a concrete drive with drainage slots in it. Might not get done this fall due to weather.

I'm just drywalling the ceiling, putting batt insulation and vapor barrier on the walls and leaving them that way. No point in going to all that extra work just to make an echo chamber.

M

Michael,

Good luck with the Dentist...............I too just had a Root Canal completed, OH Boy what a treat!.................Take Care Bill H.

OK, I think we really need to open up a separate "Colter's Dental Surgery" thread...Unless Michael just wants to rename this one "The Life of Colter..."[;)]

I'm going to take a few day off for some dental surgery- almost as much fun as freezing my butt off working on this building.

I think I'd opt for freezing my butt off working on a workshop over dental surgery.

In my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear that the procedure went well Gregg. I think I'll be healing quickly. The pills didn't do me in much today so I worked in the shop a bit, winterized the boat, and unloaded 3 more bins of holiday docorations (out of 11). Probably will do more tomorrow.

In a very uncharactaristic move, I did NOT take an old-guy nap today althought I had every reason to do so.

Michael

If you own a boat where it freezes ( a really stupid idea now that I think of it), you've got to put Sta-bil in the fuel lines, drain water from engine block and lower unit, replace with anti-freeze, and disconnect and bring in the battery for storage and occasional trickle charge.

All this for about 10 hours fun in the summer. I'd sell it but you don't get much for them this time of year in this economy.

Or perhaps you knew what winterizing was all along. I consider my chain has been pulled sir.

M

If you own a boat where it freezes ( a really stupid idea now that I think of it), you've got to put Sta-bil in the fuel lines, drain water from engine block and lower unit, replace with anti-freeze, and disconnect and bring in the battery for storage and occasional trickle charge.

Or perhaps you knew what winterizing was all along. I consider my chain has been pulled sir.

M

Hmmmmm......nope. No such thing as winterizing here in south Georgia. Wink

BTW Michael.....here's a couple shots of my humble 20' x 24' garage/workshop.

post-4338-13819427149702_thumb.jpg