Ms. Rose

picky

Quite a few of you know about my mom, Rose and several of you have even met her during your visits to our Michigan home. A number of folks ask about her from time-to-time and I really appreciate it as it's such a nice, warm gesture; just another reason this forum is much akin to a family.

Ms. Rose celebrated her 89th birthday this past July and she's been in pretty remarkable health for all of these years. I don't wish to scare anyone, but we learned yesterday that Ms. Rose has developed a very small lesion on the tip of her nose and a biopsy has indicated it's cancer: Basil Cell Carcinoma - the most common of skin cancers. The surgeons say they have caught it early and it is highly operable. She is scheduled to have it removed later this month and following any necessary treatments, if any, Ms. Rose should again be A-Okay! I'll keep those of you who are interested posted on her progress. We are so blessed to have her around and still in such great shape. -Glenn

Ms. Rose and Great Granddaughter Katie this past spring...

post-10177-13819411196084_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Picky,

We are all in this with you, Vern and Ms. Rose. Yes, you are very blessed to have her around and in such great shape.

We are working on establishing a routine with dtel's mom. She was released three weeks ago, after undergoing amputation below the knee and it is still difficult to get a routine (with evacuations and threats of evacuations.) A solid routine will go a long way towards restoring my mother- in-law's self worth and well being. She will be 74 years old September 13, 2008.

You guys tell Ms. Rose we wish her the best and we will keep you in our prayers. Please keep us updated.

• Moderators

Basil Cell Carcinoma - the most common of skin cancers. The surgeons say they have caught it early and it is highly operable.

Hey Picky,

I'm confident, like you, Ms Rose will come through with flying colors. My mom, dad and brother have all had this type of skin cancer, removed quickly with no lingering effects. They need to be checked about every 6 months or so, but it's highly treatable when found early.

I'll be thinking about her, and keep us updated!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, love, prayers and inspirations to remain positive! It makes life's twists and turns so much easier to bear when you know your friends and family are always there to support you. And just when I was beginning to think that things weren't so bad, I just got a call from our son Bill, whom some of you have met, telling me that while he and Verna were out to lunch a little bit ago at a local restaurant, two guys broke into his F150 truck and stole him blind! They punched-out the driver's door lock cylinder and took his GPS unit, Sirius radio, radar detector, CDs and two computers he was about to rebuild for a friend. Luckily for the friend, all of the hard drives had already been wiped-clean. No body got hurt and a witness gave the cops an excellent description of the two guys and the getaway vehicle. Poor Bill! [:(] -Glenn

Our son, Bill...

post-10177-13819411199548_thumb.jpg

Glenn, glad to know Ms. Rose had the skin cancer detected early enough...my dad had tiny skin cancer spots burned off his nose and shoulders awhile back without any problems!

Sorry to hear about your son Bill...same thing happened to my kid brother back in the early '90s with his Ford Ranger extended cab; punks stole his Alpine head unit and 3(?) JL Audio subwoofers and amps from his DIY enclosure while it was parked at the local K-Mart one night (his truck alarm didn't even faze the thieves, and they got away with it to boot)! Hope Bill gets some satisfaction from his misfortune.

All: Ms. Rose has had her spirits lifted by all of your kind thoughts, prayers and wishes, which I've read to her. She wants to thank all of you for your love and encouragement. She is scheduled to meet with her surgeon later this month to schedule the actual date for her procedure. I will keep you all informed of what transpires.

Update on Bill: It would appear that the two buttheads who ripped Bill off got away Scott-free! [:@] From the looks of his truck's steering column, it's obvious they were about to steal the entire truck until they were scared-off by the witness. They did $800 damage to his truck; mainly the driver's door and stole a lot of belongings. I think Bill has gotten his truck back from the body shop already and he's doing better. But, I don't think I've ever seen our son as angry and upset as he was last week when this happened. His truck insurance covers some of the taken items and his homeowner's covers most of the rest; all minus the two deductibles of course!

Bill and Ms. Rose (his grandma) sharing a couple of MGD's in our back yard in August 2006 at our Klipsch BBQ:

post-10177-13819417532904_thumb.jpg

dtel: Thanks man!

Dr.Who: Dude: We all loved having you stay with us, too. C'mon back any time! Thanks.

fini: I have a chuckle every time I see your avatar: With all of the tubes in the picture, the first thing I "see" are rows and rows of dusty carboys; the 5-gallon glass cylinders used in the art of home beer-brewing! LOL J.4knee knows what I'm talkin' about!

It's funny you should mention Hines Signs: Verna is going to be visitng the area next month. Her cousin and her husband (the owner's of Hines Signs) live in Santa Rosa. Here's a little history lesson:

(Click on the photo to view larger)

post-10177-13819417617138_thumb.jpg

fini: I have a chuckle every time I see your avatar: With all of the tubes in the picture, the first thing I "see" are rows and rows of dusty carboys; the 5-gallon glass cylinders used in the art of home beer-brewing! LOL J.4knee knows what I'm talkin' about!

LOL yes I do I think the same thing, then I think I wonder if he want to get rid of a couple.[:D][:P]

Speaking of which it is time to brew again, actually it is long overdue. I am having to buy beer to tider me over.[:'(]