Anyone experience overheating with their BB?

joe gutowski

First off,let me say that the BBXT is probably the best pre I've owned and paired with my newly acquired NOS VRD amp sounds terrific.

One thing I wanted to know from fellow BB owners who use the wood cover is if anyone notices overheating

on the BB?

I had to stop using the case because it got so hot...I also noticed that it sounded better without the case as well.

Anyone have a similiar exprience?

Joe,

Where do you have the BBX located on your rack? If it's directly above the VRD Stereo amp I bet it would get hot and this layout should be avoided. If it's not directly above the VRD amp I have no idea why it would be over heating.. Mine stays on for day's and day's sometimes but it never gets anything more then just warm to the touch on the top of the wood case.

Craig

You should contact Mark. I don't recall anyone else mentioning it. http://juicymusicaudio.com/contact.html

I definitely agree with Larry.

Mark is a helpful and regular contributor on this forum. Unfortunately, the way the question has been posted "suggests" that maybe there is a problem with Mark's product.

In all fairness to Mark, you should let him have first crack at solving this problem before there is a public suggestion that the product may be faulty. In might be easily solved and it might actually be a "user error". Give Mark a chance to solve this first (privately and off-line).

I agree, most members or lurkers know that Mark's products have been marked 'outstanding' here and that customer care is oldfashioned outstanding too. So I guess all readers of this post won't take this post as a question of Juicymusic's quality and they shouldn't. This forum is as helpful as it gets, but for the quickest relief, call/mail Mark indeed. I am sure this problem will be resolved. If I hit that jackpot I mentioned in another post to buy that Rega cd player, the BB will be on it's way too. As well as this: http://www.dutchtub.com/

No affilliation, etc. Would be too expensive to ship anyway for the 99% American readers here right?

Tim,

The tub looks super! There is a U.S. dealer, too. It is obvious how the Euro is killing us right now, and I sure can't see me getting one of these, but they are pretty neat.

Bruce

Really! They are super cool. I was at an art expo last week and they had them standing right there. First two hours cook the food and then settle down with a bottle of champagne in the tub. I miss that, sat in a tub in San Diego almost every night at my friends place, when I lived there. We don't have that in Holland usually. Sorry for being so OT. Greets, Tim.

Just got my new issue of Stereophile and I see that the BlueBerry Xtreme has made the Recommended Components list (Class B) for the 3rd year!

I think that deserves five thumbs up! [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y]

Bruce

ps Those VRDs under the BB would put out a lot of heat. I would think that could be a huge problem.

Just got my new issue of Stereophile and I see that the BlueBerry Xtreme has made the Recommended Components list (Class B) for the 3rd year! 

I think that deserves five thumbs up! YesYesYesYesYes

Bruce

ps Those VRDs under the BB would put out a lot of heat. I would think that could be a huge problem.

[Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y] Way cool

got an asbestos liner that you could deflect some heat away from the vrds[:D]