The state of sunburnwilly .

sunburnwilly

Kinda long but lot's of pretty pictures if you don't feel like reading .

Moved back into my place Thursday after spending 10 days at my parents home ; offline in more ways than one :o . The ceilings and bathroom at my place were being removed and replaced . Will be dealing with leftover drywall dust in the coming months . " The crew did not cover the vents or air return . In fact they cranked the ac down to 70 ; can't say I blame them though . "

Wow , it's been 15 years since I have seen this room empty .

Posted Image

Looking good .

Posted Image

Now comes the pain of piecing and rewiring everything back togather . With the use of my landlords kick a$$ dolly I was able to move everything back in by myself . Except for the tv ; too wide for me to handle on my own .

Posted Image

Of course the first thing I did Thursday was to set my pc back up . A mans gotta have his Klipsch Forum ya know . It did take me the whole day to find where I had put the dern mouse . That's one sneaky critter .

Posted Image

Sooooo , the kitchen is good , though I do have a little bit of work to do in there . The greatroom is good , everything is in place now I just have to run the wires and hook everything back up . The hall is good , allthough like the kitchen I have to cut the walls back in because of the sloppy job they did on the crown molding . " Allready tackled that in the great room . "
That leaves the bathroom . The shower lining was supposed to be installed today but there's bigger fish to fry .

Posted Image

Here's the brand new American Standard toilet that I helped Jimmy "the landlord" install last Monday . It did not fit quite right ; the tank interfered with the new drywall which is thicker than the old drywall that they used back in the 1950's . The solution was to use a board and a sledge hammer to indent the new drywall . Seemed to work allthough the lid for the tank had to be forced down further damaging the new drywall . Oh well .

Posted Image

From bad to worse :( .
Apparently the interference with the tank and new drywall caused the old metal ring to which the toilet is mounted on to break . This was not realized until after Jimmy "the landlord" brought in the new Glacier Bay toilet which he thought would fit . Nope . Oh well , might as well cut a hole in the new drywall so that the new toilet will fit when a professional plumber comes over to replace the mounting ring .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Note how the flange on the right side of the ring is broken .

Posted Image

Now comes the kicker .
After doing all of this Jimmy "the ever handy do-it yourself don't call anybody unless you absolutely have to landlord" called a professional plumber . Turns out they still make the toilet that fits in older homes , you just have to know where to look . So tommorow a professional will be replacing the perfectly good original toilet that drywall crew broke a couple of weeks ago with one of similar design . And yes , the hole in the drywall has been patched and the joint compound is drying right now .

It's not all bad though , at least the sink works !

Posted Image

[/quote

what did i miss?

why the mess

you've been renting for 15 years??

Steve , I moved yet stayed in the same place . A couple of years ago my landlord ruined my ceiling . He framed in 3 bedrooms a bathroom and kitchen in the then unfinished room upstairs . Workers came through my ceiling twice . Not to mention all the cracks caused by droping stacks of plywood and lumber over my head , ouch !

Yes I have been renting this place for 15 years . Best deal in town considering where I live . I have been looking to buy but am having a hard time finding a place with close to the 16 x 22 room I have here that I can afford .