HDMI Question.

PhilMays

Well, it's been a while since I've posted here. We've sold our home and are moving to Durham, NC. In our new home, we have an unfinished area in the basement about 850 sq ft that I'm converting to a bar and theater.

My question is regarding HDMI...Is it worth it? Can one watch Blue Ray through RGB? I'll be buying a 1080P projector, so is HDMI the way to go? If so, what are some good AV Recievers. I'm thinking about the Yamaha RX-Z11, but would be happy with a seperates system as I have the amps.

I'm just so out of touch now and any help would be much appreciated.

TIA!

I can second the monoprice recommendation. I recently purchased 3 6ft cables from them and had them shipped to WV. for a little over $20. They give me excellent service and I had no problems with them.

Huh , I just ordered 3 6ft HDMI cables from them last night and the cost with shipping is $33. . I'm thinking the price is good but I would have prefered to pay $20. .

cid:067c01c930e7$7548aac8$_CDOSYS2.0 3661 HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified CL2 Rated (In-Wall Installation) Cable (24AWG) w/ Net Jacket - 6ft (Gold Plated Connectors)
$9.13
$27.39
cid:067d01c930e7$7548aac8$_CDOSYS2.0

Subtotal : $27.39
Shipping & Handling Cost : $5.94

GRAND TOTAL : $33.33

Coytee will suck up to anyone.. hahahahaha

yes to HDMI

yes get a newer pre amp..( look fof features and new sound formats..... keep the old amp if it is clean and powerful enough.)

yes to lower cost cables..as long as they work...

Enjoy and get back to us! hehehehe

Your now excused!

And just to save more money, it's been shown that in runs of under 10', even the cheapest 28AWG HMDI will work flawlessly. (Don't worry, the cable doesn't look wimpy, and you can get the 28AWG's in all sorts of pretty colors [:P] (Think WAF!))

Only on longer runs do you need to step up to the thicker wire and/or silver (as opposed to tin) plating.

Plus, using the thicker cables on short runs puts more stress on the connectors in your equipment as they're not nearly as flexible- I'm using the 8" 28AWG "port savers" on both ends of my 24AWG run to the PJ from the pre-pro to take the stress off the connectors.

My whole HT is wired with Monoprice stuff down to the binding posts on the wall jack.. I've spent about $350 that would have been around $1,000 at a "normal" store!

Yes, monoprice provides great service and very good products at reasonable prices. If you are looking for an HDMI capable processor, I had been looking at the latest Integra offering. Depending on your two channel requirements, this would be a great HT unit. I finally just got one of the new BD players which has analog out and will be keeping my current components.