K-Horn front speakers... RC62 or RC52 center speaker?

Sunny

I'll admit that I'm not sure what the RC speakers are....so with that said, I think your best center speaker will be either a LaScala or perhaps Belle. In 1992 or so (forget year), I called dealer and asked them what they suggested. He told me an Academy so I bought three of them.

I was never really happy with the Academy speaker as it simply got drown out by my LaScalas. You'd probably have the same issue (again, remember I'm not familar with the RC)

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums Sunny. IMO, the RC52 is quite weak for a speaker. I've heard it demoed with the RF-82's and it just could not keep up with them. I do not think for a second it could remotely keep up with a pair of Khorns. I would definitely try to not mix your speakers. Stay with the suggested heritage line.

Thanks for the prompt & good responses to my question.

The RC52 & RC62 speakers are $300 & $400 center-channel speakers in the 4th-generation Reference Series line-up.

I've planned, perhaps too simplistically, to place one center-channel speaker below my 46" LCD, so I'm confused as to how I'd incorporate either a Belle or a La Scala speaker into my setup.

Thanks for any elaboration you can share with me.

I plan to hang a 50 to 52-inch LCD or plasma over a La Scala. It's a little high up, but better for second-row seating anyway. If it turns out to be too high, I will lower the flat screen to cover the mid and tweeter, and will remove them from the La Scala to mount them over the display. I can do taht easily because the La Scala will be built into the wall.

I've planned, perhaps too simplistically, to place one center-channel speaker below my 46" LCD, so I'm confused as to how I'd incorporate either a Belle or a La Scala speaker into my setup.

If a Belle or a La Scala is too big, a Heresy III (or a Heresy II upgraded to a III) should work well. Ideally, the Heresy should be standing up, but I have mine on its side and it sounds fine. I'm using a Heresy II that I'm planning to upgrade to Heresy III soon, but even the Heresy II was pretty good with the La Scalas. The way it's timbre-matched to the other Heritage speakers made it a good match that was immediately noticeable.

No offense but putting any RC series center speaker with your Klipschorns is like putting a Yugo engine in a Ferrari. Sure, it will get you from point A to point B but isn't most of the fun of a Ferrari listening to the incredible engine screaming to redline?

The fun of a Klipschorn is to hear the wonderfully detailed dynamics that an entirely horn-loaded speaker provides. If you try and integrate a speaker that is significantly less sensitive and voiced completely different than your Klipschorns you will regret it.

Don't get me wrong, the RC series speakers are very good for what they are intended for which is integrating with other Reference series speakers. If you do buy a center speaker please keep it in the Heritage series.