What does your login name mean?

tommyboy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it's scottish lad.  Best sources indicate origin unknown yet derived from middle english.  The item on the kilt is called a sporran not a merkin.

Wish I could remember the etymology of it...but yes you are right the Scottish pelt is the sporran....but there is a connection somewhere, where the hell is david burke when I need him?

Yeah but that would put you even lower on the totem pole. Putting the cursor under bender's shows he's a top 200 contributor, under mine it's top 50 (although I prefer the use of poster rather than contributor for honesty's sake). So unkindly your's says "not ranked." Oh the humanity!

OH YEAH,

Now I have 2 little green things. I went from plebe to at least captian or something!!!!!

Now in top 200. I am so cool, just to let all of you know, as if you had any doubts.

Sadly, most of the time, i too am a poster/observer. Don't exactly bring a load of knowledge in this field to the table....

Oh well, now we can return to the regular programming, aka the original thread topic before the very rude hijacking took place.

Thank you for your support.

Paul