What does your login name mean?

tommyboy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrote an entry level audio column for the high school newspaper and had a small recording studio in the mid to late 70s. Very small, TASCAM 4 track.

Girls that did the editing and came to concerts I mixed gave me the name and a T shirt with the name affixed for my 18th birthday. I still know the 4 ladies as we approach 50...

Good rock and roll chicks.

Some of you old-timers may already have heard the story, but I'm a carpenter, and about 30 odd years ago I was on a particularly goofy crew. For break time entertainment, I'd pull my pants up to my nips, and become the personna "Mister Fini," the oldest carpenter ever. My schtick was to walk around the job site, measuring between random (and irrelevant) points, mumbling the measurements to the delight of the crew. Sadly, you all couldn't be there, but (before you slit your wrists I need to mention) I'm in negotiations with Trey and Amy to revive my roll at the next Pilgrimage. Please put in a good word for me.

Tarheel.....cause I live in FloridaWink

Why does your avatar say something different?

North Carolina.....tommyboy....just a joke. People from NC are known as Tarheels as is The basketball team. Some login names are obvious like mine and say bluesboy who we know loves heavy metal[:^)]

capo is short for caporegime or "Captain" in Itailian. Usually associated with a high ranking official in the Mafia (which does not exist.) The nickname was given to me by some friends who claim I have the need to be in charge of the situation at all times.

72 is for my birth year.

Jeremy