What does your login name mean?

tommyboy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First initial, middle initial, last name minus the son on the end

Later thought I would have went with BSam1961 which I've used on a couple of other sites (not too smart to use too many different ids) which besides the BSam being 1st initial and 1st 3 letters of last name, it was also my identifier on a mainframe project tracking sort of system we used at work quite a few years ago. BSAM also sounds like a mainframe file acess system such as QSAM, VSAM, ISAM, and BDAM so would have been fitting being the mainframe dinosaur that I am. (edit) 1961 is my birth year ... and I'm not going to comment on Amy's being nonsensical.

Marvel- as in Capt. Marvel. A bunch of us right out of high school used comic book characters for names. That was in the late '60s. The other two were The Shadow and The Phantom. Always shortened to the main name. Shadow will be down my way to visit right after Christmas.Sometimes we don't hear from each other for months, but always pick up right where we left off.

J is my first initial; 4knee is how you pronounce my last name (Forney). It is a carry over from my Navy days when a number of folks I encountered seemed to struggle pronouncing those 6 arduous letters adding a myriad of additional vowels and consents. Anyway I would hold up 4 fingers and point to my knee when asked how to pronounce my name.

Groom Lake... The dry lake bed in Nevada where the heavily guarded test site, denied to exist by the government...., also known as Area 51 is located. Area 51 is not the "military name". It actually refers to the section and range on the old maps of Nevada where Groom Lake is located.

Why did I pick it? Because I deal with the weird stuff here, and the wise guys at the main office referred to me as "Agent Molder", and my compound as "Area 51...."