so Ben.....

colterphoto1

I hear you finally ante'd up and joined the Madness with a pair of Heritage Heresies from the Groomlakearea home for wayward Heritage speakers.

Congratulations and what'dya think mang?

Well, my first thoughts are what the heck went wrong that it's take me so long to finally get around to getting my first Klipsch speakers when I'm 47?!? LOL

Finally carried them into the house today and hooked 'em up. We've been home since Sunday evening but I've felt like crap so they rode around in the Grand Caravan until today....

Put some banana plugs on the speaker wire and put on James Taylor's Greatest Hits. I was going to put on James Taylor Live At The Beacon Theater or The Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD but our DVDs in one of those lovely black Case Logic cases is buried in one of the girls' rooms or elsewhere in the house.

James Taylor has never sounded so good in our home! [8][8][:D][8][8] Which I expected but it does sound really good. CD playing through an Oppo 980H into a Chase RLC 1 an inexpensive little black remote control line stage preamp powered by a Realistic STA-52 receiver from 1978 or so rated at something like 12 WPC with 0.9% distortion or something like that and it still sounds really good. I'm sure not as good as they sounded with Marshall's vintage Sansui amplifieres and crystals but they do sound very good.

I'm sure I'm missing something compared to the Chorii II I was going to get but probably not a lot though I think you've said Chorii stomp Heresies any day. That said, these Heresies have been restored, more like rebuilt, and pimped out by Marshall with Bob Crites tweeters and crossovers I think so they're probably a lot better than completely stock Heresies from the same time. And the family would've probably left me at a rest area or tied me to the top of the Grand Caravan had we tried to haul a pair of Chorii II home especially with all the Christmas gifts and the like. I think volume wise using the external measurements, the Chorus II is something like 2.5 times larger than the Heresy and we were pretty loaded down the way it was. But the Heresies are not really that much bigger in the room considering they're currently on the crate 'o records as a speaker stand, each crate completely loaded down with a full load of LPs doubling as strategically placed and aligned vibration dampening mass coupling acoustical treatments.

My only regret is that I've waited so long to get the sound off Klipsch. The little voices in my head are telling me these won't be my last pair of Klipsch, just my first.

Woo Hoo!

Nope. He was somewhat sane when he arrived and was walking without assistance when he left... He was suffering from a K-28 through a tube amp moment....Party!!!

Well I did have 120 mile return trip so being able to walk without assistance is a good thing. Though I suspect both my visits to the "Wall of Voodoo" have left me with a goofy grin on my face and mumbling something incoherent about needing more big Klipsch speakers...

I'm glad to know you didn't go up/down highway I-75 because if you had, you would have been about 1/2 mile from my office and 18 miles from my home. I would have treated you to lunch/dinner (or even breakfast) had you been that way. Additionally, if you HAD come that way and didn't make any stop, I'd have to sic my little Chloe on you (avatar) and let her kick your hiney! So, good thing to know you didn't do that.

[Z][&]

Ben was so overwhelmed, awesomefied and generally excited that he left his checkbook here... LOLOL!!Stick out tongueAngel

Overwhelmed. Check.

Awesomefied. Check.

Generaly Excited. Check

Visiting Marhall and the Wall Of Voodoo and getting my first pair of Klipsch after waiting so many years....

but I think my rubbery checkbook bounced out of my pocket when I shoved it in.... [:S] Smart man that Groomy, had me pay by PayPal.

I'm glad to know you didn't go up/down highway I-75 because if you had, you would have been about 1/2 mile from my office and 18 miles from my home. I would have treated you to lunch/dinner (or even breakfast) had you been that way. Additionally, if you HAD come that way and didn't make any stop, I'd have to sic my little Chloe on you (avatar) and let her kick your hiney! So, good thing to know you didn't do that.

PersonDog

[:$] Well we did actually go I-75 this trip as we stopped in to Dawn's mother's in Greensburng IN on the way down and back and picked up I-75 from I-74 around Cincinatti. I did wonder just how close we'd be to your place. Maybe another time.

I had thought about seeing if anyone needed anything hauled but was probably a good thing I didn't as we were packed pretty full on the way down and really loaded down on the way back. I keep telling the girls everytime they grumble about space that I'm going to trade in the Grand Caravan for a Sebring and let them know what a cramped 2200+ mile round trip is really like.

Normally we go I-65 to Nashville and then I-24 to Chattanooga and then I-75.

you plied him with malt beveriges and cheap cigars, didn't you?

Nope. Too many meds that say do not take while drinking alcohol... though my simple Hoosier understanding of the English language interprets that to be not to chase down the medication with alcohol I don't want to be hospitalized to find out I'm wrong.

I only ever really liked the not so manly drinks anyway, fruity with a little umbrella are my favorites. Though a little rum in the eggnog really does smooth it out... ah the good old days when eggnog was made by cracking raw eggs in the blender before they told us that wasn't safe.

And I don't smoke. I did pick up a couple of expensive cigars for the father in law for Christmas. My brother in law also had us pick up some nice cigars for him. I think 7 for $40 for him and a couple 2 for +- $12 for the one's I got him. I have no idea if they're any good (I'd hope so for that kind of coin) but he does always seem to enjoy them.

Next up was going to be The Neville Brothers Live On Planet Earth but it's not in the box which means it's still in the CD wallet we took it in to last June's Pilgrimage... not really wanting to play it on mp3 over the Heresies so it's Steely Dan's Aja on CD. I have one of the vinyl copies everyone raved about a few months ago but will wait to play it after I practice the steam cleaning which I've not yet tried, assuming even the audiophile pressings need to be cleaned or at least have the static removed.

It's good to hear that you're finally enjoying some Klipsch Heritage in your home Ben. I know you've had Heritage Lust for quite some time now. Those K28's in your Groomized Heresies should output much more LF than any other woofer in there, so rest assured that you've not given up too much by passing on the Chorii.

I'm proud of ya Ben. Welcome to the Madness.

Now to perform a complete walletectomy on the hapless Hoosier bwhahahahaha

Michael

Congratulations Ben, you did good !

You mean all this time you did not have any Klipsch speakers ! Surprise

3331 post and you had 0 Klipsch, you are a VERY hard sell ! Snail

I think I did very good! [8][8][:D][8][8]

[:$] Well, Klipsch speakers aren't cheap and I kept putting off getting any until I could afford them ... marriage, children, children going to college ... was asleep or something when I could have afforded them. Should've gotten some Heresies or Fortes or KG's back towards the end of college or sooner... or some used La Scalas or Cornwalls but didn't think I could afford them. Chorus would've been good but I think I was out of college before they or the KG series came out. (I feel old.) So I finally wake up after stumbling into the forum a couple of years back and realize I'd better get some pretty soon while I've still got decent hearing. Mom's hearing gave out in one ear at 40 something so I'm hoping that's not hereditery. Definitely better late than never. Not a hard sell just too stupid to spend some coin when I had it. I've been a fan for years but more as a spectator [:$].

My first Klipsch were actually a set of Custom 2 'phones. The sound of Klipsch that fits in the palm of one's hand or in the ear even as we've now acuired a set of Image X10. Had the Custom 2 since they first became available.

I know you've had Heritage Lust for quite some time now.

Maybe for up to 30 years? I dunno but I remember a cousin got some Klipsch that he recently said he bought new in 1977. Heresies that he referred to as huge LOL. Nope, I'd say they're rather compact.

Those K28's in your Groomized Heresies should output much more LF than any other woofer in there, so rest assured that you've not given up too much by passing on the Chorii.

They sure sounded good sitting on the Belles in the "Wall of Voodoo" and do in our living room though no real bass test yet... And those K28's are very nice looking too. And my first Klpsch are "Groomized" just how uber cool is that? ... need to find out what all our good gator surfing friend did to these (I should have taken notes) and add an entry in the Pimp My Klipsch thread I started in General Questions.

Well, I probably did give up some backache and a lot of grumbling by getting the Heresies....

This one: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/100282.aspx?PageIndex=2

Not to be confused with FenderBenders in Garage Sale Not this one: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/111379/1120698.aspx#1120698

(Actually, I'm holding out for the lime green and blue Chorii and am very disappointed there were no pulsating light strings behind the "Wall of Voodoo" Klipschorn side grilles... nor even a disco ball but that may be on hold until after Christmas?)

I'm proud of ya Ben. Welcome to the Madness.

Well, I'm crazy enough. I've certainly proven that [:$]. But it is much better finally participating. But those doggone voices actually got louder after the Heresies arrived. Strange, but I think they sound like OB though I never spoke with our recently departed good friend.

Now to perform a complete walletectomy on the hapless Hoosier bwhahahahaha

No fear. The wallet made it home intact and the checkbook will soon resume it's usual rubbery state (think flubber). Bills to catch up on... braces [:o] ... cheap CDs to buy (and a few not so cheap)...

Congrats! Man I was down there last week myself....I wasn't invited over for cheap cigars and malted beverages...:

(

But... you could have been!!! Forum members just need to lemme' know when they are in the area, and if it's convenient for them to take the "Voodoo tour". Tthey are more than welcome. My schedule is flexible so it does not have to be on a weekend, etc.