My new RB-75's

kohill

I just bought a pair here on the forum. Thus far I am impressed. These babies are large, to call them bookshelf speakers

is a stretch. Tons of bass and less in your face than my RF-7's. I'm running them with an ancient MC-250. They seem

to match up quite well with it. Very happy.

I'm not sure I understand -- swap what -- the drivers? If so, no, it wouldn't make any difference. The difference between them is because Klipsch probably padded the horn section down a bit more in relationship to the woofer than they did with the RF-7.

As far as placement goes, so far I've just got them sitting on the floor like a mini-RF-7's. The bass is there in spades. Maybe just a tad boomy.

It may have to do with the front port. I do have to sit on the floor to get my ears to the level on the horns though. Definitely less forward than the 7's.

The louder you play the more noticeable it is. The RF-7's has to be one of the great all time movie speakers. For acoustic guitar or classic rock

at moderate levels, the 75's give them a run for the money. I plan to put the 75's in as rears and move them up front on occasion to play with.

If that's the pair that came from jt1st, they were well cared for also.

Thanks, JT...Yes, they were mine (sigh). They also belonged to Ben Clarke (ben.), Mark Deneen (mdeneen) and Jeremy (capo72), so they were well cared for before I ever owned 'em![Y]

Kevin is indeed very lucky to own this near-mint pair of cherry '75s. They're awesome bookshelf loudspeakers; very dynamic, detailed and transparent when setup properly. If I hadn't been laid off (again), I'd still be listening to them. Such as it is, they're in good hands now, passed on to another forum member to enjoy.

Kevin, if you like those RB-75s on the floor, you might want to consider looking into these low-to-the-floor Maple Bedrock Ultra wood stands from Mapleshade:

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com

Congrats on the RB-75s. Back in my Reference days, I "almost" enjoyed those speakers more than my modded RF-7s (again - almost).

I do think the top is padded down compared to its larger brethren. Also, from what I recall, the model number of the 1.75 inch compression driver for the RB-75 was different from the RF-7 and RC-7 (both share same model number) so it "may" be that the 75s have a different top end driver.

I've always thought that they were the most underrated and underappreciated Klipsch speaker.

Carl.

Very nice looking set-up. I'm glad they are still in the forum family. I was the original owner of these sweet hearts. They were my first purchase for the home theater I was building. My plan was for cherry RF-7's up front and these RB-75's in rear. Then a deal came along for (4) black RF-7's that I could not refuse. So I sold these to Mark Deneen and now use RF-7's (overkill) for the rear in my theater. I have the parts to build a RF-7 center to replace my RC-7 and have an all RF-7 theater someday. So anyway that's how these RB-75's story began. Maybe the other previous owners will chime in and fill in the rest of the story.

Jeremy

It's obvious all us previous owners of these RB-75s took great care of them while in our possession. But it amazes me the excellent condition they're still in after all the moves they've made across this country...from the assembly line in AR to IL, to CA, to NY, to FL, and now back to AR (I assume not too far away from where they were originally built in Hope). Just glad the freight gorillas actually handled them properly while in shipment!