It Must Be A Slow News Day In Indianapolis...

BLSamuel

Ok, I wasn't paying too close attention but I get home tonight and the Indianapolis Channel 8 News at 10 is on channel 23. And they're reporting about homes in Camby in southwstern Marion county being showered by mysterious brown splotches.

Serious enough to warrant a health department investigation. Some residents think that it could be human feces from a jet plane flying overhead. The health department has another theory that it might be bird feces. I suspect that airplanes haven't been allowed to empty their waste from the air for a few years now. It may have been common as I remember a train ride during a 3rd grade field trip where you could actually see the stone railroad bed when you flushed the toilet.

Whatever it is, it can be hosed off and be sure to where gloves and a mask and wash up good should you come into contact with it and wash your pets feet as well as your shoes should you walk in it and minimize contact with it.

Well duh. Haven't these people ever seen bird doo doo before?

Ok, in all fairness, bird doo doo usually isn't brown but what do I know... They should be thankful it wasn't summer with Mulberry trees nearby.

Brown Matter In Camby

Was there so little news in Indy today that bird doodoo makes the news and has to be analyzed? Maybe it's not bird doodoo but that's what it looked like to this ole redneck farmboy. I guess I'll have to pay attention the next day or two or go to their website to find out what the experts decide it is. Maybe a rogue flock of Canadian Geese pigged out on dog food?

The good news is that maybe nothing bad happened in Indianapolis today.

More details and a couple of more pictures may be found at http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/region_1/Homes_showered_with_bird_droppings

I can't wait for the follow up, if there is one.

And tonight, passing by Foreigner on Soundstage on the local PBS station long enough to figure out who it was.... didn't recognize the first song but then it finally kicked in when they started singing on the second song that I did recognize the tune to (though forgot which one already) and yes, the channel 8 news at 10 on channel 23 was following up on the bird doo doo. Back to Soundstage with Foreigner performing "Jukebox Hero" seuging into Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" (pretenders) back into "Juke Box Hero". They sound OK but I think I still like their first album the best though not sure we have much more than that except maybe a greatest hits collection on CD?

(my mind is in scramble mode tonight [:S] )

Interviewing someone, maybe from the Board of Health or maybe from the Department of Natural Resources. Pretty sure it's not human feces due to the distribution... something about the Canadian Geese that winter in the area. And plane toilets have that bright blue stuff in em - don't see any bright blue.

Well DUH!

I was going to be good and wasn't going to suggest this but I can't help myself though I'm not the first to think of this.... We're going to be hitting a cold spell. I think the geese now that the culprits have been identified, need to be fed. Maybe some cranberries this week? Might be a lot available in the after Christmas blowout. Some blueberries next week. I think geese really like mulberries though not sure one can find those this time of the year. Maybe some kiwi.

While trying not to laugh or cry, I'm not sure which, while watching the "news" cast I had an idea but need to figure out the appoach... Bird Doo Doo repellent or Bird Rid services. Not sure how to chase geese out of an area - maybe get one town to pay to attract them to another? Any ideas? Any body willing to throw away , er I mean invest some money to get it off the ground?

With all due respect to the residents hit by this sinister attack, how can anyone not recognize bird droppings. Clueless city folks. Probably the same ones that make fun of rednecks.

I mean seriously, can one ever again admit being from Indiana?

Here's a user comment to the original story but I've not yet found the follow up at www.wishtv8.com ...

I can tell you it's definitely not bird poop... It's filthy and

disgusting, and it covers more than a half mile. Take a drive down here

and take a look for yourself if you'd like.

And bird poop's not filthy and disgusting? Have these people never been bombed by a bird while driving? It's crazy how much doo doo one bird can nail you with. Get a flock of birds and there's gonna be a lot of doo doo.

Here's one that makes me think Jackson Bart left a comment masquerading as Johnny ...

This is a really crappy story...

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wish/TK30GNCA3UCJR204N

And the followup also made the channel 8 11 new on channel 8. We normally don't watch the news on channel 8 as our antenna is too wasted though OK tonight on our 2nd TV in the office. And they actually read some of the emails on the news such as save yourselves some money. It'd bird feces.

And the follow up has been posted:

Viewers give their take
on Indy mystery

Just what were those brown splotches?

Last Edited: Thursday, 22 Jan 2009, 11:07 PM EST
Created On: Thursday, 22 Jan 2009, 11:07 PM EST

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Few stories, lately,
have generated the kind of reaction 24-Hour News 8 received after one
report Wednesday night. A lot of people believe they have the
explanation for mysterious marks left on homes and cars in southwestern
Marion County near the town of Camby.

All the sordid details or our Hoosier (um, it does rhyme with loser [:$]) tax dollars at work: http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/Viewers_give_their_take_on_Indy_mystery

The few comments I've read sound like there may be more bird doo doo than many have seen but that wasn't mentioned last night that I'm aware of. But it's bird crap! Any redneck or hillbilly could tell you that. I'd think any city slicker who's ever rode in a car could tell you that.

Forget feeding the geese. Just loose a few mulberries nearby.