What are your favorite albums?

Nuggits

I'm trying to build up a larger music library, and I'm interested on what you guys listen to and think is awesome.

P.S. You're welcome to post multiple albums/artists Wink The more the better Big Smile

Hey Nuggits, Welcome! Good to have you here. Is it finally thawing out up there in Oregon? I'm in Sacramento and we could sure use a little of that wet stuff down here. You guys sure have been "hit" this year. I hope your above the water line.

As far as my favorite albums, just take a look at the "Right This Minute" thread and you'll see what a lot of us are listening to. I have this one in the player right now and I just love it:

#%20Audio%20CD%20%28October%209,%202007%51hvA7vw-RL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Dennie[:D]

I'm trying to build up a larger music library, and I'm interested on what you guys listen to and think is awesome.

P.S. You're welcome to post multiple albums/artists Wink The more the better Big Smile

Hey Nuggits,  Welcome!   Good to have you here.    Is it finally thawing out up there in Oregon?   I'm in Sacramento and we could sure use a little of that wet stuff down here.  You guys sure have been "hit" this year.   I hope your above the water line.   

As far as my favorite albums, just take a look at the "Right This Minute" thread and you'll see what a lot of us are listening to.  I have this one in the player right now and I just love it: 

51hvA7vw-RL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

DennieBig Smile

Hey Dennie, thanks.

Actually, we thawed out quite a while ago ('about 3 weeks ago). Though, some areas got hit harder than others. During the week of Christmas, we had about 2...2 1/2 feet of snow in my driveway, so, leaving the house wasn't much of an option for 2 weeks, but, once it went away it was gone.

Thanks for asking!

What type music? Rock or Jazz?

Jay

Anything you like.
Well my friend that is pretty wide open, but here a few.

Pink Floyd- Animals, DSOTM, WYWH. Dire Straits- Brothers in Arms. Emmerson Lake and Palmer- Works, Brain Salad Surgery. Ten Years After-A Time in Space.

Robin Trower- Bridge of Sighs, Alan Parsons- I Robot.

Sonny Rollins-Way Out West, Bill Evans-Waltz for Debbie, Monk-Brillant Conners, John Coltrain- Lush Life, Kenny Burrell- Kind A Blue. McCoy Tyner-Atlantis.

Jay

Paul Simon: Graceland, One Trick Pony , Live Rhyming, Flesh and Bones

Stevie Nicks: Crystal Visions (great compilation)

Fleetwood Mac: Mirage, Self titled, Rumors, Tusk

Santana: Santana, Abraxas (must have to show off your system...original pressing the best but the 1/2 speed master recording pretty good)

Rush: 2112, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, A Farewell to Kings, Presto

Yes....."everything"

......That should keep you busy for a while, some of my favorite "goto" rock albums...you don't want to get me started on jazz....

+ 1 on Mark Knoffler- Shangrila- I personally like the studio version of All the Roadrunning- Mark Knoffler/ Emmy Lou harris the best of all his stuff at present. Both are a must have anlong with Kill to get Crimson,and Golden Heart.

Also check out Return of the Grevous Angel-Tribute to Gram Parsons. Varoius artists including Emmy lou Harris, Steve Earl, Lucinda Williams, Wilco and Gillian Welch to name a few. The Cowboy Junkies version of Ohh las Vegas on this album is unbelievable. Slight off the beaten path but good stuff.

Wilco- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Summerteeth

Kenny Wayne Sheppard- Ledbetter heights,Trouble is-and 10 Days Out(comes packaged with an excellent DVD which tells you everything you ever wanted to know about Blues)

Lucinda Williams- Car Wheels on a gravel Road

Anything by Stevie Ray Vaughn