LP Question...

Coytee

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does sound like a fair way to do it, coytee! I guess I will get in line for a couple.

Rosemary Clooney, Duke Ellington, Blue Rose "Columbia "360 sound"

Miroslav Vitous, Mountain in the clouds (with John McLaughlin, Joe Henderson, Herbie Hancock, Jack DeJohnette, Joe Chambers)

Pat Metheny Group, First circle

Mark Knophler, Shangi-La

Sound Track : Pulp fiction

If someone has already spoken for these and I missed it, that is okay, let me know when you want my address and I will send it.

Dennie

Richard, how much, and shall I send you my address about now?

Actually, if neither you nor Gary minds and it's very convenient for you both, you could just throw mine into his packet, and I'll pick them up from him. Or, sending the combo to me is perfectly fine, too.

Larry

Here's the updated list, spoken for items in blue (if the formatting holds) and other items at bottom. Regarding shipping expense, I've never done this so I have NO idea. We can wait until you actually receive it for all I care. I'll bundle as best I can to save costs (for all)

Miles Davis, ******* Brew, "digitally remastered directly from original analog tapes: Dave mallette
Miles Davis, In a Silent Way, "Digitally remastered directly from the original analog tapes" Dave mallette
Diane Bish at the Ruffatti Organ, Music for Brass and Organ (Medallion series) Dave mallette
Philharmonic Promenade Orchestra, Delibes Sylvia and Coppelia Ballet Suites (Westminster HI-FI and funky plastic zipper bag) LarryC
Sir Adrian Boult conducts "The Planets", Opus 32 Gustav holst (another Westminster HI-FI) LarryC
Steely Dan, "Aja, 30th Anniversary all analog HQ-180 LP" GaryMD
Beetles, Love GaryMD
Duke Ellington, Johnny Hodges Play the Blues "Back to Back" (200 Gram classic records, Quiex sv-P, super vinyl profile) GaryMD
Stan Getz/ Joao Gilberto featuring Antonio Carlos Jobim (I think the LP titel is "Getz/Gilberto"??) GaryMD
Weather Report, Mysterious Traveller Ben Samuel
Jaco Pastorius (LP is evidently by the same name) Ben Samuel
Rosemary Clooney, Duke Ellington, Blue Rose "Columbia "360 sound" Dennie
Miroslav Vitous, Mountain in the clouds (with John McLaughlin, Joe Henderson, Herbie Hancock, Jack DeJohnette, Joe Chambers) Dennie
Pat Metheny Group, First circle Dennie
Mark Knophler, Shangi-La Dennie
Sound Track : Pulp fiction Dennie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charlie Haden, Jan Garbarek Egberto Gismonti, "Magico"
Oregon, "Winter Light"
Steely Dan, "Aja"
John Abercrombie "Timeless"
Charlie Haden, "The Ballad of the Fallen" (ECM digital)
Keith Jarrett, Arbour Zena
Kenny Wheeler, Gnu High
The Erasers, Thom Yorke
Stevie Wonder, Innervisions
Kenny Wheeler, Music for Large & Small Ensembles
John surman, Upon reflection
Concertgebouw Orchestra of Amsterdam, conducted by Karl Bohm, "Mozart Jupiter, symphony No. 41", symph No. 32 in G major (K.318) and Symph No. 26 in E-Flat Major (K.184)
Julian Bream, Baroque Guitar (RCA Victor Red Seal, Dynagroove recording)
Rimsky Korsakoff, Scheherazade Reiner Chicago Symphony "Living Stereo, Miracle surface"
John Surman, Jack Dejohnette, The Amazing Adventures of Simon simon
Soundtrack: Carnival of souls
Cleveland Orchestra, George Szell conducting "Orchestral Highlights from Wagners "Ring of the Nibelung"
Chicago Sympony Orchestra, Fritz Reiner, "Bartok"
Glenn Gould, Piano, BACH: The Goldbert Variations
Robert Shaw conducting the RCA Victor Choral and Orchestra with soloists, "Bach: Mass in B Minor" (this has a name and 1957 hand writtein inside the box of three, LP's)
Janos Starker, BACH Suites for soloe Cello No. 2 in D minor, No. 5 in C minor
Glenn Gould, BACH: The Well-Tempered Clavier Book 1/Preludes and Fugues 17-24
Glenn gould, BACH (volume 4) Well tempered Clavier book 2, Preludes and Fugues 1-8
Bruno Walter, Johann Strauss: Waltzes, Overtures
Archive production, history of music division of the Deutsche Grammohphone Geselleschaft "The works of Johann Sebastion Bach"
Bruno Walter, Philoharmonic Sympony Orchestra of NY, Mozart Symph No. 41 in C major, K.551 ("upiter"), Symph No. 39 in E-flat Major, K.543
Glenn Gould, BACH the two and three part inventions (Inventions & sinfonias
Goldberg Variations, Johann Sebastion Bach, Ralph Kirkpatrick Harpsichord
Glenn Gould, BACH the Well tempered Clavier Book 1, Preludes and Fugues 1-8
The Serious Gershwin, Morton Gould, Rhapsody in blue, An american in Paris, Porgy and Bess suite, concerto in F, Preludes (1 LP, inside box hand written 1958... I presume there USED to be more LP's inside this box, but don't know that)
Eduardo Mata, Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Ravel Bolero, Rapsodie Espagnole, Alborada Del Gracioso (Red seal, digital)
Karl Richter, Bach Organ, Fanrtasia & Fugue in G minor, Three Choral Preludes, Prelude & Fugue in E minor
Karl Scheit, guitar, Music for Lute and guitar Renaissance and Baroque
Zimbler Sinfonietta, conducted by Lucas Foss, Bartok Ives Milhaud Skalkottas
Joseph fuches violin with London Symphony Orchestra conducted by Eugene Goossens "Hindemith Concerto for violin & orchestra & MOzart concerto No. 3 for violin and Orchestra in G major (K. 216)

The least expensive way to ship is via Media Mail through the USPS. It costs about $3/LP using a standard LP mailer and is very reliable. A box of 10 or so can be shipped for less than $10 in most cases.

FYI - Someone should buy Rimsky Korsakoff, Scheherazade Reiner Chicago Symphony "Living Stereo, Miracle surface" It's a wonderful LP and great performance. Whether the original or reissue, it's one everybody should own, even non-classical music lovers. If you own a TT, you should own this record.

Richard, I just talked with Gary, and you can pack my 2 in with his if they fit. Thanks!

Two or three other classical LPs that someone might want to pick up:

• The Serious Gershwin, Morton Gould, Rhapsody in blue, An american in Paris, Porgy and Bess suite, concerto in F, Preludes (1 LP, inside box hand written 1958... I presume there USED to be more LP's inside this box, but don't know that) -- This could be really good (Rhapsody, American in Paris, etc.), but make sure what's on it, because the best pieces might be on a missing LP.
  • Eduardo Mata, Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Ravel Bolero, Rapsodie Espagnole, Alborada Del Gracioso (Red seal, digital) These are wonderful, atmospheric Spanish-ey works. I passed because it's a digital LP
  • Karl Scheit, guitar, Music for Lute and guitar Renaissance and Baroque Could be good -- lutes and guitars were regularly used in the Renaissance and Baroque, and those melodies and harmonies were often seriously beautiful.

Talk about milking a thread!!! Wasn't this why the Garage Sale forum was created?

You have a strange way of making friends. Really trying to fit in here eh?

I have so many friends I can't remember all their names. I sometimes mention Klipschheads at the poker game since it's always good for a laugh.

I like poker and a good laugh. When and where is the next game?

A normal person would learn how to grade a record, list what he has, and set a price.

A person craving attention would say he's going to throw all the records in the dumpster unless people buy them.

I'm craving attention... I clearly have yours! [;)]