Are your speaker finishes showing any wear?

Kain

My Cherry RF-7s don't exhibit the problem you seem to be having, but a put a couple of scratches on their sides about 5 years ago during the construction phase of our theater from not being careful enough while working around them. [:S] -Glenn

My LS, at 22+ years has some of the small checking that lacquer sometimes gets.I am at least the third owner. They still look great from a distance.

Glenn, your HT pages are always a treat to visit. Since I only have a 13inch analog tv, I'm not really sliding down that slippery slope, but it does look nice.

Bruce

My LS, at 22+ years has some of the small checking that lacquer sometimes gets.I am at least the third owner. They still look great from a distance.

Thats called patina...it adds value to antiques, keep em as they are. Wink
I suppose that's one way to look at it. Here's a pic with my APT150 tweeters on top..

Bruce

post-7149-1381944703157_thumb.jpg

Glenn, your HT pages are always a treat to visit. Since I only have a 13inch analog tv, I'm not really sliding down that slippery slope, but it does look nice.

Bruce

Thanks a lot, Bruce. I really should update everything as it's been a long time since I have done so. -Glenn

That seems odd because RF-7's have real wood veneers on them, not a vinyl laminate. Mine are as perfect as the day I bought them. What color are yours?

Mine are black. Maybe later I'll post some pics to show you guys the wear. There are parts on the top of the RF-7s where the black color is turning white. [:S]

That seems odd because RF-7's have real wood veneers on them, not a vinyl laminate. Mine are as perfect as the day I bought them. What color are yours?

After nearly 7 years of having mine, they still look as good as the day that I brought them home (albight a little dusty, but try to stay on top of that whenever possible).

(albight a little dusty, but try to stay on top of that whenever possible).

Funny you should mention that my wife asked what was on tv last night and I replied similarly and said "dust". Couch is actually pretty comfySmile

I said that once..... once..... because the next thing on my head while laying on the couch was the frying pan.....[A]

Bruce, is that long rectangle box in the background some sort of horn or whistle?

Some would call it junk in the house, but it's an organ pipe... Jim Tidwell could tell you more precisely, as his dad built and repaired organs. To be fair, my older son brought it home, and my wife loved having it in the living room as part of our eclectic mix of furnishings.

I picked up a beat pair of satin black KG 4.5's cheap a couple of years ago. Missing a lot of paint, crunched corners, gouges, etc.

Stuck them in the bedroom & figured I'd fill the gouges, sand them down & paint them when I needed a weekend project.

I was looking at them one day & thinking about how crappy they looked, so I picked up a Sharpie & started coloring in where they were missing paint. Not a perfect match, but they actually turned out pretty decent. Still haven't sanded them down or painted them, but they look good enough that I'm using them as rear speakers in the living room. Not bad for $50 & an hour with a Sharpie!

James