Wife test questions - is she really listening

Guest " "

I've know the wife for 26 years, we been married for 24. Most of the time we are on clear sheets of music.....can't say that we are always on the same sheet of music....but at least we know where we stand.

So the story goes, she wants to re-do the living room and has some creative ideas for decor.........one of which....find a new place for all the elecronics....espeacially those large speakers. Commo check.......wife sent message.....message recieved.

Well, my response, I'll have to enclose the lower deck and move everything in storage in the garage, as well as all the power tools, build shelves in the enclosed lower deck, etc. On the garage side, 3 walls need framing, insulation, sheet rock. Need to raise the floor so I can lay down styrofoam insulation. Need to run some electrical. The 60 amp sub panel will need upgrading....might as well run balanced power while I am at it. And since the motorcycle still needs to be parked there...PVC tiles are probally the way to go.

No questions of cost or time lines from the wife....just an ahuh, ok, what ever.....get the electronics out. This should have been the point that I used a test question to confirm the commo thing.

3 weeks later, the lower deck is fully enclosed (18X14), eight 7ft X 4ft 16" deep wooden shelving unitis are up, and the garage storage, all tools, tool box, etc transferd.

Garage is now empty.

I ask the wife...need to get an exterior door for the garage project....you never liked the one in our main entrance, but since it's a plain metal door, it will work for me...do you want to buy a nicer door for the entrance and we could just swap it out.

Wife says...why do you need a door for the garage....what are you doing in the garage anyway???

I need to find my test questions....someone was not paying attention.

Wife says...why do you need a door for the garage....what are you doing in the garage anyway???

Doesn't the fire code require a 20-minute-rated fire door between the garage and any living space? She doesn't mean an exterior door, does she?

how do you mean 'get the electronics out'? This isn't a listening room by any stretch, are you charged with just cleaning up all the excess stuff that we seem to collect?

I needed a 1500ft2 building to accomplish that. If you're getting by with a small storeroom consider yourself lucky!

M

I find it funny that they are Always listening when you make a comment about their a$$, or better their friends smaller a$$.....yep they never seem to not be listening at those opportune moments!!!!

ahhh... this is called selective hearing... they seem to choose what they want to hear and block out the rest...

Reminds me of the fellow who was always complaining that his wife couldn't hear. She's in the kitchen making supper, he's in the bedroom and hollers "what's for dinner". A minute later, he walks to the hallway and hollers "what's for dinner". With still no answer, he moseys to the kitchen and again hollers "what's for dinner" to which she relies; "for the third damn time - Chicken!"

Now as one who has survived 32 years of married bliss - there is a point in every discussion when one of you is just going to do whatever it is you are going to do - anyway. So just do it. The repercusions are certain - but after that many years - she already knows (and has likely accepted) whatever shortcomings you possess. Just love her for the fact she even answers you 3 times - [;)]

.... Commo check.......wife sent message.....message recieved.

..... This should have been the point that I used a test question to confirm the commo thing.

That's hilariious!!!! That's why the "man cave" was invented. Your comms check could have gone like this:

Wife: Hello, over.

Me: Hello, over

Wife: You really need to get some of this stuff out of the bedroom, over.

Me: Like what, over...

Wife: Like one of the pairs of those big Klipsch speaker pairs, the pair of ugly spray painted Belles, etc., etc. over

Me: Hello? Hello?, you are coming in broken and stupid, over....

Airstrike...... death.... destruction.... the usual....

Wife: Build the man cave!!!!!..... OUT.