I'm moving..... In July!!!

tommyboy

Right across the street! Instead of my street number being 6444, it'll be 6445! Seriously. My neighbor is an aerial gunner, and got orders to New Mexico in July, which is when my lease here is up. he offered me his house at $125 less a month for rent.............. with NO DEPOSIT or pet deposit!!! [Y] That's $1500 less a year in rent! I can't justify staying in our current house with that amount of money. I asked my landlord if she could match the rent, but she said no way. So, In July, we're moving right across the street. Of course the first thing I looked at was the iving room, and it's a go for the system! Rachel fell in love with the walk in closet, so it's a go on the new house!

Pics of what Kain? lol The house we're moving into? We're not moving until July when the lease is up here............... Everyone keeps telling me it's time to buy, but I disagree! I feel like it's the renters market right now. And I'm scared to buy. If I buy a house, and being military, find out in a year that I'm going to state X, I'lll have to try to sell it, and in this market, well........... Like the guy that I'm going to be renting from. His mortgage is 1,300 a month, and he's only asking $800 from me. He said it gives him piece of mind that he actually knows me, we're both Air Force, and he comes over quite often and sees that we're not "messy livers". We don't even wear shoes in our house.................

sees that we're not "messy livers"

Nothing worse that messy livers...

No shoes in the house is a good thing. I have a set of inside shoes. Just think of where your street shoes are during the day...the street, public restooms,etc. [+o(]

The no shoes thing started when me and my x wife had my son. I found an article about all the "dirt" your shoes carry into your house. And with little ones laying and crawling around on the floor, that's NO GOOD! I actually have a sign on our front door that says, "This is an American house ran Filipino style. Please remove your shoes in the kitchen". "If this is a problem, keep your shoes on, turn around, and walk away." It's funny when "solicitors" and other types of people come to the door.........

If you can rent a house for $800 why would you buy? Your buddy has negative carry of $6000 a year on his house, i.e. $1300 mortgage payment less $800 in rent. Granted some of that is a concession in that he is renting to someone he trusts who will not trash his house. When rents in your area exceed the mortgage payment is when you buy. Sounds like housing prices in your area need to fall 20-25% before it is worth your while to buy a house. In the meantime, live your life exactly how you have and put the $125 per month you will be saving directly into your saving account so that you will be able to put a substantial down payment on the house you want and thereby reduce the amount of the mortgage you will need to borrow. Good luck in your move, sorry I'll be busy that weekend! [:D]

That's exactly what we're planning on doing. Putting the 125 in our savings. Ya, like said, there is sort of no point to buy right now. Especially with me being military. That would be just my luck. I'd buy, get an assignment to state x, then be stuck like everyone else trying to sell my home, or taking it in the rear on the rent....... No thanks!!!