Baby cheeks orientation?

greg928gts

Clear as mud.

Sorry for being snappy Tom.

No, I'm not going to run pink noise to see what the dispersion pattern is. Geeez. It's pretty clear that the diagram shown on the website shows the Beyma with the cheeks up and down or turned 90 degrees to what the JBL is supposed to be. I don't understand why it takes two pages on the forum for someone who knows to say verify this.

Greg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the Beymas in my cornerhorns oriented with the cheeks up and down or vertical if you like. I think I installed them that way because they matched the flair of the 511 horns that they are mounted next to. It seems like I read somewhere that they sould be mounted the other way but they sound great the way they are set up now.

Clear as mud.

Sorry for being snappy Tom.

No, I'm not going to run pink noise to see what the dispersion pattern is. Geeez. It's pretty clear that the diagram shown on the website shows the Beyma with the cheeks up and down or turned 90 degrees to what the JBL is supposed to be. I don't understand why it takes two pages on the forum for someone who knows to say verify this.

Greg

My mistake thought I was helping. Want happen again.

mike tn

ONly the JBL has a slot in the throat, I think they are saying that the JBL should have the slot oriented vertically (cheeks side by side)

Beyma is a different design, cheeks up and down. (you're looking at her sideways in other words LOL)

Clear?

I don't see how the responses you got could get any more clear.

I apologize mike tn, and everyone, I've been in a bad mood lately.

It's true that I don't think polar responses really mean all that much in my living room, especially if getting good polar responses means having 437 electronic gadgets that my signal has to go through!!!

Measurement? I don't think I ever said they don't matter, but I don't think they should be all that's relied upon. I find myself at odds with engineers over this. Anyway, I could just listen to them and decide which way I like better, but I need to know the proper orientation for when I post a picture on my webpage to sell these things. I want the orientation the "correct" way.

Greg

Thats Ok Greg! Heck if I never got into bad moods myself I might could hold it against you.[;)]

As far as measurements I do understand what you are saying and that's why I like this quote: Einstein: "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" as a reminder that we must make and apply them correctly for any given application if they are going to be of any use to us.

take care,

mike tn

Is there anyone here NOT in a bad mood?

Except for MikeB of course who seems perpetually serene which really p!sses me off! [:@]

Must be the economy.

Either that or the long winter,

filled with grey skies

sucking the life out of everything

even the little white pills

I take for my brain.

The end. [;)]

M

Except for MikeB of course who seems perpetually serene which really p!sses me off! Angry

Must be the economy.

filled with grey skies

I take for my brain.

The end. Wink

M

Screw it. I'm going back to the K77! [;)] Now, it's been a while. Does it mount vert or horz? [6]

"little white pills" ..........I need that. What is it?[:o]

tc

Except for MikeB of course who seems perpetually serene which really p!sses me off! Angry

The K77 T35 is also a diffraction slot tweeter horn,,, when placed in the verticle position will give 0ver 100 digree dispersion,, Why did PWK turn them 90 degree,,???? heck i cant remember anymore.

Must be the economy.

filled with grey skies

I take for my brain.

The end. Wink

M

Screw it. I'm going back to the K77! Wink Now, it's been a while. Does it mount vert or horz? Devil

"little white pills" ..........I need that. What is it?Surprise

tc