Why do I change gear so often?

wuzzzer

I'm beginning to wonder why I never seem to be satisfied with the audio equipment I have. I've had my Forte IIs and my TV the longest of anything in my signature below. On Saturday I'm picking up a pair of KG 3.5s I bought on eBay from a somewhat local seller. I just sold my RS-42s that I was using as side surrounds. Before the RS-42s I had a pair of SS.5s.

Since I've had my Fortes I've had 4 different sources of amplification: Sonic Impact T-amp, Rotel RB-980BX 2 channel amp, Harman/Kardon HK3480 integrated amp and my current Onkyo TX-SR805. I've gone through about 5 CD players in the past few years from Cambridge Audio and Denon. I've had a Harman/Kardon and two different Oppo DVD players.

Before my Forte IIs I had RF-7s and before that I had RF-25s. I had a Quartet as a center speaker for about 6 months.

I had a SVS PC-Plus 16-46 previously and also a Hsu MBM-12.

There's probably more gear that I've forgot about too. My wife's usually ok with anything I get as long as I can sell something to help pay for it or pay for the whole thing.

I have to admit, I've bought most of the items I have at prices almost too good to pass up: Forte IIs for $275, SVS CS-Ultras and amp for $850 shipped, KG 3.5s for $152.50, Onkyo receiver for $480 shipped, and other good deals. Several times I've made money on buying and selling.

At this moment I can definitely say that I am very happy with everything I have. I hope the 3.5s serve me well as side surrounds. I listen to a lot of music and music concerts and like the idea of a more full-range speaker as a side surround.

Hopefully I'll be able to make the 3.5s the one and only purchase this year that will affect what's shown below! [:S]

I think many of us would never be truly satisified as once we get what we want, re new power amp or new speaker. we almost immediatly want something else. it is never ending.. i cant stop thinking about the RC64 now.... I gotta have.. i would love to dip into the heritage range but 2 things really stopping me from going down this route and that is room size and money...

as for pro speakers..... one can only dream.... I would love just to listen to some..

I see two reasons :

I've bought most of the items I have at prices almost too good to pass up:

It seems to me that you favor the warmer sound of the Heritage/kg line over the Reference line.............

Right up their with - Why do women have to have a pair of shoes for every outfit................

(I'am gone.............).

JMHO.

1. something different always sounds better? for a while anyway.

2. it's a sicknes, this is a really good activity for those with mild ADHD or O/C syndrome.

3. As I understand it (from a book on de-cluttering your home) , the difference between clutter and collection is that a collection is a group of similar or related articles, and that if you derive benefit or pleasure from keeping a collection, that qualifies as a HOBBY. SO THERE!

Michael

The first step is admiting there is a problem.

Now, I am not talking about me, of course, I don't have a problem. What kind of problem are you talking about? I know it is 'just' a stereo, but this other thingy would make it sound even BETTER! That isn't a problem, that is improvement?

Oh well, I am in da madness too....

Paul