How to ruin a pair of Klipschorns.

pmsummer

That's not how you ruin a pair of Klipschorn's by a long shot. That actually works to some extent believe it or not, I had a pair of Speakerlab K's like that and they had excellent bass response. This is how you ruin a pair of Klipschorn's.

My point: If you're finishing out the back, you're not using tem as corner horns, but as free-standing speakers. The bass response is now kaput, so you get a sub-woofer. You've ruined the speaker's design (I know some like it that way, but some people never exceed 50 mph in a Porsche, either, and are perfectly happy).

Perhaps I should have titled the post, "How to convert Klipschorns into Belles".

Can you imagine the add in Audiogon:

Slight modifications made to appearance. These babies have that deep woods appeal to them that few other speakers can offer. Won't matter if you have pets near them, after a few splinters, they will learn not to rub against them.

And, as an added feature, you can place them at your favorite duck pond.... They can double as a blind! Good for deer hunting too! Get your favorite tape of mating sounds out, broadcast it into the great outdoors! The wild game will come a runnin! The audiophile snobs, who like to show off their 'piano finish' and their exotic wood finishes? They will be a runnin the other way.

Hurry now, huntin season will be here before we know...

PS, I hope those are not someone here's speakers. If they are, well, they probably sound just fine...

No, they are just plain ugly..