OT: What would you do; neighbor....

USNRET

• Moderators

It's a good thing no one accidentally spilled a couple of 50# bags of sugar close to the house that would probably cause red ants to take over there house.

Or salt broadcast on the weeds/yard would probably help knock down some of the weeds, or just the opposite some nice 13-13-13 over the yard would make it grow like crazy attracting city officials.

There just lucky something like that never happend.

• Klipsch Employees

I get a letter from the HOA just about every month.

It is as if they don't like some of the things I do. For example, while picking up rocks from the yard I used the wheelbarrow to gather the rocks in. I started at one side of the yard and move systematically across the area. When I stopped for a bit, I left the wheelbarrow where I stopped to note my place in the yard. I received a letter telling me I had to move the wheelbarrow. So I did, about 10 ft while taking a picture where it was and where I move it to proving that I did move it. Then I sent the pictures and letter back to the HOA stating I had complied. I received another letter the next month to move the thing again. So I did the same amount and way. After about 6 months I had the rocks picked up...If I am to pay them money each year, I want them to work for it.

It all makes me want to move back to the country...

Hey Mikey, got some guns you can borrow.

CB

LOL CB, with your arsenal it wouldn't be fair. I called the pwr co this morning, got home to find some of the tree cut up in my yard, a little in his and guess what.....my power/phone still up and yep his lines are lying in the yard. It'll be a dark night over there but the ringing of the phone won't bother them.

The wood will make the kiddos a nice bonfire later on. I win.

Tanget...........HOA's

Some years back I lived in a neighborhood that had a pretty active HOA (if ya know what I mean). Some how my brain left my body and I let my neighbor Mark (who I love to this very day for all he & his wife did for me) talk me into being on the HOA Board. I figured - if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

O - M - G ! We'd have a 2 hour meeting and talk about NOTHING. Worse yet - it was a typical volunteer Board. You know, they talk about grand plans and we should do this and we should do that and by the end of the evening they worked themselves up into a lather a tent revival preacher would be envious of. Next meeting.....nobody has done anything. Meeting after meeting.....month after month.....ARGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Oh - and then there was the petty BS we had to address from those folks who've got nothing to do but roam the neighborhood during the day and make notes about things they saw wrong.

I think anybody who's considering moving into a neighborhood with an HOA should be made to be on the HOA Board first.

Tom

The good thing is the tree is still technically over their yard and is their responsibility. Once it falls onto your property, you or your insurance company are responsible for damages.

I have bad neighbors also but not nearly as bad as yours! That blows!! My second home has an HOA and it's nothing but a PITA! Its run by retirees with nothing better to do than complain about swingsets being permanent structures and trying to fine neighbors for not shoveling the snow from their sidewalk within 24 hours. We live in another state! Not only that, but we pay for this privledge! For us, it's only $150/year. I know some folks who pay $600/mo or more for their HOA but they have golf courses, shuttles to the beach and lawn care.

Keep in mind I would never do this myself...nor would I suggest you do so. The process outlined below is for amusement/entertainment purposes only.[6]..

Step 1 wait until 1 AM

Step 2 turn off neighbors water at the water meter by the street

Step 3 Mix a 60 pound bag of Ready Mix concrete and pour into water meter cavity. Throw in some chicken wire, rebar, or other just for good measure.

Step 4 put lid back over water meter

Step 5 TP their tree, and do your lawn too while you're at it, but not as bad of course. Make it look like a teen prank.

This may not solve your issue, but you'll be laughing so hard that you'll forget about whatever it was that was bothering you.

BTW, Copper Sulfate will take out the offending tree. Just plant three on your side as replacements to be carbon free after you offer to cut their dead tree up to use as fire wood.

As far as HOA's I don't have one, nor would I live anywhere that did. However, I had a boss that did and he like everyone else had issues with them. The president of the HOA was being a real richard crainium, so my boss started doing a little digging. Everyone, so it seems has a little something to hide. In this case it was ole el presidente'. It seems he had added an illegal back porch on to his house, but never pulled any permits. So the boss, made sure that the el pesidente' knew that he knew, and if he EVER received another complaint about anything, he would make sure the city knew about his secret too, including paying back taxes due on his little home improvement project. El presidente' never bothered him again. Search the City/County arrest records or other records for those being offensive to you. You never know what you might find...

I think I'd better go now..........