academy alert !!!

aab3rd

I just talked to them on the phone... no, they do not pull items early for interested parties; they do not put up a Buy-It-Now at a buyer specified price; and they definitely had never heard of the Academy... I gave them the basic scoop on the model (years produced, original retail price), and mentioned they were "kind of a hot item a while back"... then wished them luck... would possibly pursue it, if a KLF-C7 wasn't coming via UPS tomorrow.

Hmmm, KLF-C7 as rear center channel, Academy as front center... AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!! Stop me before I spend again!

Well guess what? Now the dimwit knows that the model is an Academy so he edited his description to add the word "Academy". Before the word was nowhere in the description at all. Now all those people on eBay typing Klipsch Academy in the search field can now find it. That REALLY sucks! Before it would've been our own little secret. Now the whole world knows.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

Chuck-

Yeah, I saw that one almost as soon as it came up, and was amazed they didn't mention Academy by name. Thanks for your bit of intel on the seller; I have asked some more questions on the condition, so I'll keep that one in mind. However, current bid is pretty reasonable. We'll see.

Rob

Thanks, Montigue cwm30.gif

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Sony 5-disc changer

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Akai AAR22 used as tuner

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects

Kimber 4TC Speaker Cable

(Future upgrades to include):

Klipsch Academy or KLF-C7 Center Channel

Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds

Outlaw 1050 AV Receiver

I'm not trying to be a di@k or anything but I think most of the fun of eBay is trying to find all the bargains on behalf of the seller's inept description. I purposely type klipsh & klipch and believe it or not find stuff all the time. I also spell words wrong in hopes of finding something that noone else can find. I mean this is some crap pawn shop. You don't think they've ever ripped anyone off huh? Isn't it about time someone screwed a pawnshop? Oh well maybe I'm the only one. Just try and be a little creative with your searches. Do things like click on the advanced search feature, pull down the tab to search only in the music section, search any title/description containing the text "cd", fill out low price of "1 cent" & high price of "1 cent", then finally list them in order of ones ending first and voila...You can actually buy cds for a penny. Get busy!

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

Now if that don't beat all. Here I am locked in competition with some guy named bazzelle for this academy.

I can wait, of course. The last thing I am interested in is forcing the price of Academys to go higher than their already inflated prices.

That said, see you at the finish line.cwm1.gif

------------------

Fronts - KG4's

Center - C6

Surrounds - S6's

Sub - KSW200