A buddy finds some stereo for me

USNRET

Got a call this morning from a co-worker about a guy that wanted to sell some stuff. I am now listening to some vinyl on a Thorens TD 521 w/SME 3009 II Improved arm (Shure V15 Type IV) thru a McIntosh MA6200. Have not connected an antenna to the Mc MR7083 tuner just yet. Factory boxes, Mc wooden cases and manuals included. Not a mar or scratch anywhere so far. For some reason the TT is missing the hinges for the cover. Also had 2 QED 23/2B switching units thrown in.

Oh and boy I did get the LOOK when I was unloading. The wife unit doesn't know much about stereo but she did recogniize the McIntosh brand on the boxes. Her only statement was 'what are you going to sell, you are not keeping ALL that stuff down there'. Perhaps I should load up the boxes with some rocks and ask her to ship them off somewhere.

How many ducats?

Your wife and I are curious...

Dave

Should I tell you the same answer I gave her? [6]

and then there the matter of I have one more amp then pairs of speakers now. I had promised myself I was saving for a set of VRDs. CigarBum, can I get a set of North GA Cornscalas made in a week?

How many ducats?

Your wife and I are curious...

Dave

Should I tell you the same answer I gave her? Devil

and then there the matter of I have one more amp then pairs of speakers now. I had promised myself I was saving for a set of VRDs. CigarBum, can I get a set of North GA Cornscalas made in a week?

Ouch. That much, huh? [:o]

Dave

Ouch. That much, huh? Surprise

It wasn't the killer deal that everyone but me finds but it was fair and I got 8 bills off the asking. I bought over the phone without listening due to the condition of all the electronics in the house as described by my friend. Had I had more toy reserve $ I would have bought the other turntables, R2Rs, DATs, mics, etc. I figured that they were about forum priced (at least for the items I was familiar with) provided someone wanted the piece. Sort of a wierd situation, musical conductor moves to NYC and puts everthing up for sell. Cars, clothes, pianos, pictures, etc. I tried to get info on what speakers were there but they were gone and any info about items required a phone call to NYC to speak with the owner.

I