CSNY Deja Vu Live: deal on 2 LP set from Best Buy

fini

Apparently, this was released 4/18 (Record Store Day), with a run of only 1500. Special edition, pressed by Toyokasei in Japan. The list price is $65, but I found it for $20 at Best Buy (online). I ordered it on Saturday, and it apparently shipped Monday. Searching the web, I don't see any other versions of this LP out there, so we'll see. It does say on the linked BB page that this LP is on the Relapse Records label, but no info regarding this at the Relapse site (it's not their cup o' tea, style-wise either).

Here's the LP at Elusive Disc.

csnynz8.jpg

It's, like, 2/3 off! I'm surprised more haven't jumped on this (perhaps CSNY's political message on this one don't jive wit 'em). BTW, mine apparently shipped Monday. Haven't seen it yet! Chime in when yours arrives!

It's, like, 2/3 off! I'm surprised more haven't jumped on this (perhaps CSNY's political message on this one don't jive wit 'em). BTW, mine apparently shipped Monday. Haven't seen it yet! Chime in when yours arrives!

Thank You Fini!!!! I ordered mine. I don't think you can beat this price. My total was $23.33 shipped.

I will report back when mine arrives! Again, thanks for the heads up.

Dennie

Cool! Mine is still not in my mitts!Sad

Well, my shipping charges were $1.59, so I don't expect UPS to show up tomorrow! LOL The estimated arrival date is 4/28-5/5, I bet it comes closer to 5/5!

Oh Wait.......someone's at the door.........

pic_02482.jpg

Not!!!!! [*-)]

Dennie

I see one of these in my future.....

usps.jpg

I just received this:

spacer.gif spacer.gif CSNY/Deja Vu Live [LP]-VINYL-Live-Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Dennie

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Tracking info:

I think they mean USPS Media Mail (as it goes to the USPS site when you clink on the lick). I guess they won't show progress until it's delivered? Seems kinda dumb, from the receiver's standpoint. Oh well, IT'S FrIdAy!! WoOhOo!

My local BB didn't have any copies available for Record Store Day so on a whim, I ordered 2 of these online last Saturday. I kept thinking that a mistake had been made since the LPs were selling for $55-70 everywhere else. I figured BB would either send me a note explaining that the item was no longer available or worse, the description was incorrect and I'd get the CDs instead of vinyl. Well, the mailman just dropped a package off at the door a few minutes ago and BB came through with the real McCoys - the 200 gram, pressed in Japan limited edition vinyl....WHEW! Such a deal, I hope everyone that placed an order gets theirs soon. Have fun...

BTW, the USPS tracking never works for me. The seller sends me a note that the item has shipped along with the tracking# but unless its Priority Mail, the status page always tells me something to the effect that no record exists for the tracking#. I checked just now (30 min after the package was delivered) and the page tells me that the package was received yesterday at the regional PO ( I assume for delivery). I should check tomorrow or Monday to make sure it was in fact, delivered.

My local BB didn't have any copies available for Record Store Day so on a whim, I ordered 2 of these online last Saturday. I kept thinking that a mistake had been made since the LPs were selling for $55-70 everywhere else. I figured BB would either send me a note explaining that the item was no longer available or worse, the description was incorrect and I'd get the CDs instead of vinyl. Well, the mailman just dropped a package off at the door a few minutes ago and BB came through with the real McCoys - the 200 gram, pressed in Japan limited edition vinyl....WHEW! Such a deal, I hope everyone that placed an order gets theirs soon. Have fun...

I was thinking the same thing, it is either going to come as a CD or one very thin, very compressed single record. I did not see on the website that it was an actual 200g, 2 record set. So I am really glad to hear that it IS what we thought/hoped it was. Thanks JBryan!

Thanks again Fini, you're the Man!

I can't wait for mine to get here.

Dennie

I just checked the status of my order, at the USPS site (linked from the BB site). Here's what I found:

"Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 11:46 AM on April 23, 2009 in DENVER, CO 80222 ."

Trouble is, I live in California. A call to Best Buy calmed me a bit. The customer service rep was sure the package just made a stop in Denver, on its way to my grubby little hands...Another example of the post office's virtually useless tracking info!