Internet Explorer 8

oldtimer

I didn't have good luck with version 8 on my laptop.

It may have been due to other problems, though. Could have been problems which were unrelated to IE8 in cause or if it was just buggy just ended up reformatting and reloading the OS to clean it up. I was getting alot of messages like you need to upgrade to Adobe flash 9, etc. But could not install the updated Flash successfully. Another problem was with streaming Netflix. Netflix has changed their viewer to a MS viewer (can't remember the name right now) anyway, the "you must install this viewer" would come up but after installation the system could never recognize that it had the new viewer. Probably tried to troubleshoot this problem 20 times with no results.

IE seven is what I've got on it again.

I had tried to reinstall seven over the eight installation, but the system would not allow an older version to be installed on top of a newer version.

I have updated a few PCs at work, with no problems at all. We use software that is a front end for an Oracle database, and some of the forms don't work well in other browsers. IE8 has been fine..

No, but I'd recommend Mozilla Firefox over any Internet Explorer version.

Same here - did not bother to upgrade unless I absolutly have to. Rather just stick with good ol' trusty Firefox. Heck, along the same lines, still using XP as I have seen no real reason for me to go to Vista.

I downloaded 8 about a month ago and it's getting better as time goes by. I did wind up turning off quite a few of it's new sub-apps so it looks a little more like 7.

That darned Compatibility app can get a little pesky sometimes.

I REALLY wish they would bring back the "Search Within These Results" feature after doing a web search for something to narrow the choices down.