"FLKhorns"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg,

Noticed in your photos you have the tweeters on the same side in both top hats. IOW one tweeter will be inside the squawker and the other will be outside it when they are set up. Was just wondering why you chose to set them that way as opposed to a mirror image (both tweeters outside or both inside)?.

They look fantastic as usual.

Greg, Noticed in your photos you have the tweeters on the same side in both top hats. IOW one tweeter will be inside the squawker and the other will be outside it when they are set up. Was just wondering why you chose to set them that way as opposed to a mirror image (both tweeters outside or both inside)?. They look fantastic as usual.

I wondered who was going to notice that. You guys are eagle-eyeing those photos!

It was a mistake on my part. The same mistake I made on my own. GRRRR. Yes, one can easily be flipped over, it only takes a few minutes. But there will be a few screw holes left where the crossover and upright support were mounted, and I'll have to make a longer wire for the bass bin on that side.

Greg

Mike Lindsey, please give a full report after you install these beauties and get a sense of their sound in your space.

Yeah, it may take a while. I am in the process of changing my living room (new floors, furniture, etc) and only have 1 corner, and that corner has a hindering window a foot out from the corner. The other corner will be made by my contractor (3 ft long x 52" high wall). This might not get done for another couple of months. Therefore, I will have these in non-corners for a little while (hence the closed-in backs), and will be curious how they sound as-is.

I will certainly provide feedback on both accounts, as well as how they sound compared to my existing La Scala's and Cornwalls.

Mike

Beautiful work (as usual) Greg!! Tomorrow Mike and his girlfriend will be stopping by El Rancho d'fini for dinner and a listen to my system* (BTW, C&S will be in attendance). He'll have to put up with my un-modded (and in-need-of-oiling) walnut K's. We might get into a bit of Xover swappin' (thank you for the loaners, Josh), but I'm sure he'll still be blown sky-high when he hooks up his own beauties!!

*Yes, we'll take photos!