Fresh from Hope. Heresy III ROSEWOOD! (with picture)

russ69

They came today! Spectacular quarter sawn rosewood veneer. First let me say that the workmanship is top notch (sorry jacksonbart). The rosewood is over the top, wildly grained, rich orange veneer with lacquered finish. In color it matches my TV stand very well (Chinese chu wood). It's not a good match for the walnut bases, I'll have to swap that out for black. I'll post pictures as soon as my wife gets back from Arizona next week.

Now for the sound. I'm just breaking them in but at this point they are very neutral with no "horny-ness" or other colorations. My RF-25s warmed up after a few hours so I'm expecting the same with these. Actually I was expecting more coloration and zip, but these are very accurate reproducers. Bass is good. I have a sub but without the sub they go lower than the specs would indicate. No 50hz bump at all. PWK knew what he was doing, no doubt. I liked the sound more with the grills off but I'll need some more listening time for a final balance. I had to change to a PBJ and a Timber cable that pushes the mids out more. I've got pure tube/horn sweeties now. I can see where guys using zip cord are happy because there is no zing on the top end and zip cord would work well for these.

Oh, by the way, mine are serial 0001 and 0002, how sweet is that!

Thanx, Russ

Here's a more critical review, Klipsch faithful be forewarned, no holds barred: OK, so I've spent another full day with the new speakers. I have them on the floor about 8 or 9 feet apart and about a foot and a half off the back wall. I had to do some cable swapping to get the sound I wanted (forward tube sweetened midrange). Bass is very controlled and full without being bloated. It extends well but not into very lowest registers, my sub fills that in nicely. Midrange is clear and strong with good imaging but the depth of the image is not as deep as my main system. The tonal balance is best described as pleasant with no bumps or bright spots (flat response might be another way to say that). The top end is solid but lacking in upper end extension. I see that as a positive but there is a lack of "air" around the speaker. Taken as a whole it's a well balanced system that provides a musical listening experience.

post-25429-13819466423892_thumb.jpg

Budman,

My wife has the camera and she is in Arizona, I have to wait until she comes back, sorry. I've got Tarkus in the line up, then some BSS and maybe Pictures at an Exposition. Duder1892, yes they are factory customs. Man are they sweet

Thanx, Russ

• Moderators

Great to hear, Congratulations on buying new Heritage !

I know what you are talking about, it's not just speakers there built by hand like fine furniture they will be around after us. ( I meant that in a good way ). [Y]

They came today! Spectacular quarter sawn rosewood veneer. First let me say that the workmanship is top notch (sorry jacksonbart). The rosewood is over the top, wildly grained, rich orange veneer with lacquered finish. In color it matches my TV stand very well (Chinese chu wood). It's not a good match for the walnut bases, I'll have to swap that out for black. I'll post pictures as soon as my wife gets back from Arizona next week.

Now for the sound. I'm just breaking them in but at this point they are very neutral with no "horny-ness" or other colorations. My RF-25s warmed up after a few hours so I'm expecting the same with these. Actually I was expecting more coloration and zip, but these are very accurate reproducers. Bass is good. I have a sub but without the sub they go lower than the specs would indicate. No 50hz bump at all. PWK knew what he was doing, no doubt. I liked the sound more with the grills off but I'll need some more listening time for a final balance. I had to change to a PBJ and a Timber cable that pushes the mids out more. I've got pure tube/horn sweeties now. I can see where guys using zip cord are happy because there is no zing on the top end and zip cord would work well for these.

Thanx, Russ

Here's a more critical review, Klipsch faithful be forewarned, no holds barred: OK, so I've spent another full day with the new speakers. I have them on the floor about 8 or 9 feet apart and about a foot and a half off the back wall. I had to do some cable swapping to get the sound I wanted (forward tube sweetened midrange). Bass is very controlled and full without being bloated. It extends well but not into very lowest registers, my sub fills that in nicely. Midrange is clear and strong with good imaging but the depth of the image is not as deep as my main system. The tonal balance is best described as pleasant with no bumps or bright spots (flat response might be another way to say that). The top end is solid but lacking in upper end extension. I see that as a positive but there is a lack of "air" around the speaker. Taken as a whole it's a well balanced system that provides a musical listening experience.

is this the pic of one of the new heresys ?????? if so why would they not match the grain from side to top, especially since these were hand built to order, and to say the least new hersey 3's are far from cheap.................i would definately expect grain matching !!!!!!!!!!!! glad to hear you are happy with them overall though Joe

Thanx, Russ

is this the pic of one of the new heresys ?????? if so why would they not match the grain from side to top, especially since these were hand built to order, and to say the least new hersey 3's are far from cheap.................i would definately expect grain matching !!!!!!!!!!!! glad to hear you are happy with them overall though Joe

They look like they match pretty well to me.

edit: I see what you're talking about, but they still look great.

colter,

When you custom order you can get them any way you want them. Klipsch does not offer custom veneer bases so I ordered a pair in walnut. It was not a good match so Klipsch is sending me a set of black bases. I think that might work, the rosewood will contrast the black base. That will mess up my serial number because it says I have walnut slant risers. No big deal because you'll have to pry these speakers from my cold dead fingers! The next guy might need to know the whole story..........

Thanx, Russ