Grills, on or off?

russ69

I ran my speakers with the grills off for a very long time and just put them back on a few days ago. I don't know if its psychological but they do seem to sound different with the grills on. I like the sound better with them on.

• Moderators

If they have grills I leave them on, just for protection of the delicate little things. [W]

If they are big and would hurt YOU if you were to kick them and just look great without, that's how they stay ! [:P]

Heresy and Cornwall owners, what do you like better? The WAF is best with grills on but I like 'em neckid.

Thanx, Russ

On my LS2's I leave the grille on the mid horn, but I have removed the tweeter from the cabinet & have it placed atop the cabinet with the voice coil aligned with the mid voice coil. Definite improvement on the top end with no grill cloth in front of the tweeter.

Sootshe until I read under your name and seen where your from I never realized how many people we have here from Australia, good deal. Yes

Excellent pick up Dtel, I did not even notice that.. that makes 3 of us [:D] that I know of but I am sure there are more..

Heresy and Cornwall owners, what do you like better? The WAF is best with grills on but I like 'em neckid.

I guess I am lucky I have one pair of Cornwalls the grills don't come off and one pair that doesn't have any. My Heresy grills stay on all the time.

I do have to say that in my situation, GAF, likes the RF-83's with the grills off. But if it was up to me, either way it doesn't matter, the RC-64 is a monster either way.

James

I keep the grills on both the Heresys and Cornwalls, but it has more to do with the fear of something accidentally puncturing a driver than looks. Not that the grills offer a ton of protection, but they are a line of defense nonetheless. Aesthetically, I could go either way.

Sootshe until I read under your name and seen where your from I never realized how many people we have here from Australia, good deal. Yes

There must be more than 3! Where are all the aussie Klipsch addicts. And here's a few pics of the new improved setup. I've also changed the wire from the tweeter to the crossover from the original to some Van den Hull....(at least I think it's Van den Hull). I wired all the other components with the same when I had the cabs built.

post-32839-13819474555716_thumb.jpg