La Scala's in the house.

oldenough

Picked up a pair of 1977 La Scalas today that I won on eBay. I'm sure the networks will probably need refreshing, but I am impressed with the sound of them. My poor long suffering wife was equally impressed by there size...I sorta skipped over that part when describing them to her.[;)]

Congratulations! Sounds like you're enjoying your La Scalas. What colour are they? I can say from experience that the black ones start to seem smaller and less obvious in the room as time goes by.

Many first-time visitors barely notice them, unless they're playing, of course. They notice the K510 horns sitting on top first, but the speakers sort of blend into the room somehow.

Hey Pat, I actually was in "your neck of the woods" so to speak. I picked them up in Saanich. Colour??...Raw Birch, stained walnut I guess, Im in the process of stripping them right now and then i'll decide whether to veneer or do a good stain /lacquer job on them. They are in first class shape, all corners are intact the few scratches that are on them are sanding out easily. I will definitely be making grills for them. Moved them out on the deck today, now listening to Bob Marley. Wow!! I loved my RF5's but these are in another league. Thanks Mr Klipsch, you knew a thing or two about designing speakers. Last night my wife listened to one of her favourite albums (Famous Blue Raincoat), and was mightily impressed, her comment was "thats not a record I'm listening to, it's a performance". I see KHorns in my future.[:D]

"Thanks Mr Klipsch, you knew a thing or two about designing speakers." yeppers, and your wife has good taste too! Enjoy- I have had something from most every line of Klipsch speakers here at one time or another and LSBR's are still my L/R in my main HT room. Excellent choice my friend, you are in good company.

Michael

My poor long suffering wife was equally impressed by there size...I sorta skipped over that part when describing them to her.Wink

So I take it you put on Famous Blue Raincoat before she found the cast iron skillet? Now that she likes them, she probably thinks they're hers.

Enjoy! [8][8][H][8][8]

• Moderators

Moved them out on the deck today, now listening to Bob Marley. Wow!!

Go ahead with your bad self, you can't beat Bob, One Love....... like OB use to say.

Last night my wife listened to one of her favourite albums (Famous Blue Raincoat), and was mightily impressed, her comment was "thats not a record I'm listening to, it's a performance". I see KHorns in my future.Big Smile

And a smart wife also ! [Y]

Hey Pat, I actually was in "your neck of the woods" so to speak. I picked them up in Saanich. Colour??...Raw Birch, stained walnut I guess, Im in the process of stripping them right now and then i'll decide whether to veneer or do a good stain /lacquer job on them. They are in first class shape, all corners are intact the few scratches that are on them are sanding out easily.

So you got those ones? I spotted them on Canuck Audio Mart the other day. It looked like a good deal, but two La Scalas and three Heresies are enough speakers for my living room.

If you're back in the area sometime, why not stop by and hear my JubScalas? That may give you some ideas... [;)]

Pat I did think of you before coming across from the Mainland, but i hadn't seen you around on the forum. Plus this deal happened so quick. Thankfully it worked out well and I don't think I could have done better at the price, especially a relatively local deal. For sure if we are in the area I will give you a heads-up next time. Now I gotta start lookin' for toobe's.