Klangfilm & Western Electric Music Hall / Cafe in Seoul

seti

In Japan and Korea in the 60's and 70's Jazz or Classical music fans would go to little cafes with great hi-fi systems to listen to music. I always thought this was a brilliant idea. It would be fun to travel to a few of these cafes. This is an example of a larger one. It actually looks like the hall is shaped like a theater. Should be a good fit for the vintage theater horns.

korea7.jpg

A short video of the cafe http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4117718329024194190

• Moderators

WOW

I do like that idea, probably would work today also, people are always looking for something different. Coffee shop/cafe and at night a little different lighting for maby Jazz or different themes on different nights.

Seti needs to start a franchise ! [H]

WOW

I do like that idea, probably would work today also, people are always looking for something different. Coffee shop/cafe and at night a little different lighting for maby Jazz or different themes on different nights.

Seti needs to start a franchise ! Cool

I've thought about it because I love coffee, drinks, music, and large speakers. The first theme night would have to be "Go Go" : ) Could be fun but would take lots of money $$$$$$.

gogo.jpg

AGoGo.jpg

98cage2.jpg

I've had that very same idea. Plus you could put a little niche in the corner full of hi quality cd's and platters and turn your customers onto some good music at the same time.

Ferget the Klispch Store, how about the Klipsch Cafe. Or Thebes-O-Rama House-of-Speakers.

Anybody want to buy in on the franchise?

In Japan and Korea in the 60's and 70's Jazz or Classical music fans would go to little cafes with great hi-fi systems to listen to music. I always thought this was a brilliant idea. It would be fun to travel to a few of these cafes. This is an example of a larger one. It actually looks like the hall is shaped like a theater. Should be a good fit for the vintage theater horns.

What?! You post a plug on the Cafe with the Western Electric gear, but not a mention on the man in the pic who actually brought you that pic?!

Pay Attention......

http://silbatoneacoustics.com/koreatrip.html

http://www.silbatoneacoustics.com/collection.html