RF-7 and RF-83 midrange vs. P-39F midrange

Kain

I've noticed that midrange is not exactly a strong point of my RF-7s. It seems to be drowned-out by the high and low frequencies. Is the same true for the RF-83? Lastly, will the midrange on the P-39F be vastly improved over the RF-7's and RF-83's midrange considering it has a dedicated midrange driver?

I have not had the privilege of hearing the P-39F but I can't imagine a speaker that is 10 times the cost of the speakers you mentioned, made by the same company, not having a better midrange...Then again it's always wise to hear the speakers in your own house regardless of opinions because an $18,000 improvement needs to be justified in the ears of the beholder. {EDIT: I would also look into getting the P-27C if you are going to be using this system for Home Theater and wouldn't gage the towers by themselves.}

Yep,the 39's are gonna be waaayyy better all the way around..So,sell the 7's,spend $5-8 k on a front end worthy of high dollar make my nose bleed speakers and happiness awaits.

Yep,the 39's are gonna be waaayyy better all the way around..So,sell the 7's,spend $5-8 k on a front end worthy of high dollar make my nose bleed speakers and happiness awaits.

Yup, until the next generation comes out anyway! Then happiness will fade until you spend $20k more on the next latest and greatest =D

..So,sell the 7's,spend $5-8 k on a front end worthy of high dollar make my nose bleed speakers and happiness awaits.

Yup, until the next generation comes out anyway! Then happiness will fade until you spend $20k more on the next latest and greatest =D

I don't know what you guys are talkin' about because THIS generation of P-39Fs are $20,000 a pair. Given that this Thread is in the Home Theater section, I have to believe if you add the P-27C for $3500 it would sound awesome. [:o] If you were tight for cash you could always scrimp on the surrounds. [;)]

I agree tkd,it would only make sense to have the whole set up.There's no use skimpin' if you got $ comin' out your wazoo.I was only pointin' out that you wouldn't want to hook that great set up to the old HK etc....Let's just round off to $40k for the HT set and a new front end.But....as the Hawk said,what happens when the "much improved new set"comes out and your old set now has so many issues?[:'(]

I WILL STICK WITH MY RF7S BUT I ALSO USE Z SERIES MONTER CABLE TO ALL MY SPEAKERS. I NOTICED WHEN I FIRST USED MY FRONT RF7S HORNS WERE CRISP AND BASS HEAVY BUT WHEN I USED THE Z SERIES SPEAKERS MADE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.I DID NOT CARE FOR KLIPSCH CHANGING TO RF83S BUT I LOVED MY KG4S (2 ACTIVE 8S AND PASSIVE 12-AWSOME SPEAKER) AND PASSED UP THE CHANCE TO TRADE UP TO KG4.2 (2 ACTIVE 8S AND NO PASSIVE 12) .I HAVE 5 RF7S WITH RC7 ALL WIRED WITH Z SERIES WIRE (3-50 FOOT RUNS FOR REAR SPEAKERS.

YAMAHA RXV3300

FRONT--RF7 REAR AND REAR CENTER--RF7 CENTER--RC7 SUB--RSW12

PS3

HITACHI REAR PROJECTION TV

I heard all three and own the RF-83 and a pair of RB-75. Basically I still just like my RF-83. The 75 are a bit crisper at the expense of some midrange. All the Palladium to me sound like an upgraded RF-83 or getting a EQ and giving it a bit of a hump at the midrange.

I heard all three and own the RF-83 and a pair of RB-75. Basically I still just like my RF-83. The 75 are a bit crisper at the expense of some midrange. All the Palladium to me sound like an upgraded RF-83 or getting a EQ and giving it a bit of a hump at the midrange.

Really, really happy to hear that. I wouldn't want to be tempted to upgrade to something that costs that much =)

what happens when the "much improved new set"comes out and your old set now has so many issues?[:'(]

The Heritage Series speakers have been out for decades, with lots of incremental improvements and a few big steps, like La Scala to La Scala II and Heresy II to Heresy III, but few people have felt compelled to run out and replace their "obsolete" speakers with the latest version.

If you want the latest, it will cost money. If it's that important to you, you pay the price. Otherwise, you continue to enjoy the great speakers you already have.

I've read that the RF-83 is more laid-back than the RF-7. Is this true? If so, exactly how much more laid-back is it (if you can find a way to quantify this)? Secondly, is the P-39F more of a RF-7 or a RF-83?

I know some people that think that's true of ANY Klipsch owner.

What did you say?

That's right,that's what I said.My own opinion after hearing their setup is THEY have the hearing issue,but to each their own.

Maybe you have some high frequency loss in your hearing.

Maybe so, but my wife is considerably younger and doesn't think the speakers sound anything but incredible and has never complained of fatigue during movies, although she doesn't listen to as much music as myself. My Home Theater is also in my library which has thick carpet and a lot of irregular shapes so I think I have a lot of natural room treatment.

• Moderators

That's right,that's what I said.My own opinion after hearing their setup is THEY have the hearing issue,but to each their own.

Sorry Fish, I quoted the wrong person. I meant to comment on DeanG's statement about being deaf from listening to too much Klipsch. I should have added the [:P] after my post as well. I was merely joking.