These people should go to jail- White van scumbags

The problem with white van speakers is there are far too many marks to be had. It is easy.

The solution is to tell all your friends, and your wife to tell all her friends, that you can help them find a GOOD set of speakers for cheap. Far too many people are willing to throw good money at a score, and are not content to buy value.

These guys are some real major idiots. They showed up at a shopping center yesterday on the same road where they scammed her. Neighbor spotted them. The guy went flying up there to kick their @ss but they had left.You would think that they had enough sense to move on after a few scores.

I guess they will have to rip off some city govt official here before anybody does anything about it. If the cops would impound their vans and seize their inventory for evidence - maybe that would put a stop to this.

They're selling cheap junk for inflated prices. It's not stolen, although they usually imply that it is. It's clearly misrepresentation, but does that make it an actual crime?

The only difference between the white van guys' customers and people buying knockoff handbags at the fleamarket for cheap prices is that the speaker buyers don't realize the cheap price is buying them cheap knockoff speakers.

So to play the other side, if they are paying the tax, and have a venders lic., which they might. What is the crime? WRONG? YES! CRIME?

great now I'm quoting myself, see what Thebes started.

Wow, I really thought I was starting a fight when I said, not a crime.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

This has been talked about plenty before and it will continue. Why are they still in the same area? Cause they have more people that want to SAVE a lot of money on speakers. You are hearing about more and more people wanting a HT, maybe keeping up with the Jones'. You see it on TV, magazines, talking with co-works and family. The ones the suffer the most are in uneducated speaker people that don't know any better. If they didn't get your friend they would have gotten the person next to her. Either people will stop wanting to get CHEAP deals or learn what is good and what isn't the white van people will be there to show them the way....

James

It now appears that the damage was a little over 500.00. 400.00 the ATM limit + what cash she had in her pocketbook. Driving an older surburban- had a way to haul the stuff. Busy street -ATM right across the street. Perfect setup. Sales slip conrtained a fake address that does not exist. Same for the phone number. Fake 5 year warranty printed on the back. They told her if not satisfied- call the number- they would come by and pick them up and refund her money in cash- I almost had to laugh at that one. I am not an expert but I would say that it constitutes fraud. Apparently security guards have chased them out of several shopping mall parking lots on that same street. Apparently there are several pissed off people looking for them and they are still hanging around. Hopefully some big guy will find them and kick their @ss. They called the cops but they will do nothing whatsoever.

Why is it always a white van? Why couldn't it be a brown step van or a multi-colored ice-cream truck? Seriously, the white van thing has been going on since back in the 80s as far as I know, probably longer. (snip)

I think you answered your own question.....

It's a tradition that scumbags/dirtbags are sworn to carry on. C'mon.....how can one be considered a true scumbag/dirtbag if he shows up in a magenta Ford Econoline F250??

Tom