These people should go to jail- White van scumbags

I am helping a customer at work set up 2 systems. He bought a beautiful 50 " Sony 1080 LCD TV set. He told me he had decided not to go to HT /surround sound- the sound from the TV was just as good ??????????????? He would use his Sony HT recieved downstairs for music??????? I went to his house to checkout what was wrong. It seems that GF had aquired a 8 speaker "Audiophile brand" surround sound sound system from some guy driving a van that stopped her in traffic. He had just bought the inventory from "circuit city" when they closed. He could sell her a 5000.00 speaker system for a fraction of the cost. This is without a doubt the worst trash that I have ever seen. Pretty black laquer finish with tiny garbage speakers inside. Of course the scumbags are nowhere to be found. Fake business card with non existant phone number.I do not understand how some people can do this and sleep at night. The victims are on a limited budget and cannot afford to replace this trash. These people should be locked up and have their vehicles confiscated.

Klipsch? I think I've heard of them. Are they as good as B***?

My older sister who I hadn't seen in 4 years and her husband were in town 2 weeks ago . That is exactly what she said when she first saw my set-up . I played the Dark Knight blu-ray for them and her jaw dropped to the floor . My brother in law seemed more impressed by my plasma tv to which he commented " things don't look that good in real life " .

I dont know the purchase price. I was called over because they though maybe the stuff was not hooked up correctly. I had to be the bearer of the news that the stuff was not useable at all for anything. Curious to know myself but didn't have the heart to ask. Suspect it was more than 500.00

The people who can least afford it are always the ones getting screwed by these types. I have a very short fuse with this type of thing. Would love to see the perps behind bars. Ruined their plans to fix up their house with a nice HT setup.

It sounds like this guy was selling them like he owned them, not like he had an "extra" pair that the shipper had overlooked that he was willing to sell right now for cash. That's a new style. Usually, the buyer thinks the speakers are hot, so they don't think of complaining later, since they think they've received stolen goods, even though they haven't.

Used to be whole fleets of vans in Miami. We call them white van speakers, I still have a set someone gave me, I use them as loaners when someone wants to borrow a set of speakers. They always come back, if I lent out KLF's or something I would never get them back.

The ones I have are usable, suckie, but usable.

I like that they always had a brochure and an invoice showing you the retail cost or $2700. but they loaded an extra set on the truck, and if we go back to the shop with them our boss will make out and not us!

Funny but where ever they were the guy selling fake gold chains was not far off.

Unfortunately these are not useable at all for anything- they sound like a blown car speaker when you hook them up. They look very nice on the outside for what they are. The invoice on these said 5000.00 as I understand it. The sub has a light on the front but we could get no sound at all out of it. There have been TV news items warning people about these dirtbags.

Why is it always a white van? Why couldn't it be a brown step van or a multi-colored ice-cream truck? Seriously, the white van thing has been going on since back in the 80s as far as I know, probably longer. They were around my old neighborhood back then. I guess it is just an unconspicuous vehicle with so many on the road. Sorry about what happened.