Changes to the Klipsch Website coming...TODAY!

Amy

• Moderators

Some subordinate pages are almost too boring but I'm not sure that's bad. Ie. History has a really cool header and then very little to nothing on following pages.

We'll be adding to those later...

discontinued is probably better than classic as classic implies that it may be a "line" rather than discontinued.

You might be on to something there.

So instead of marketing, with all due respect to Oldsmobile (RIP) and GM (?) "This is not your father's speaker", Klipsch can market "This is your father's speaker". Or maybe "These were your father's speakers, and will be your son's / daughter's or grandson's / granddaughter's - if they can wait long enough to get their own"

Snappy new marketing campaing to follow..... [:)]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not, nor have I ever been a groupy. I've been a hippie, a dippy, a yuppie, a gropie, and a yippee but never a groupie. I even been from Tuscon to Tuckanterry but.

Even rocks stars don't have groupies anymore.

Lose that moniker forwith or I will have to flounce off to somewhere that treats me with proper respect.

Oh, before I go, could you fix me up with Beyonce. I understand she's a pal of yours.

Amy, first and foremost great job! I can feel where you all are going

with this, and it looks great considering where the site has come from! (rotating

globe anyone?)

I do have some critiques, and please take these in stride. I don't

think the overall site can agree what it exactly is presenting let alone

representing.

The first thing that stands out to me is the Klipsch Logo; love the stark

contrast of black and white. However it’s just a square block sitting alone in

the corner surrounded by a huge sheet of white. It clashes too much

though I do prefer the background color over the old sites. The white

background opens the site up making it fresh and inviting to users. The

solitary black logo box though is awkward and breaks up the flow of the header

as a consistent element of the site. (That and the outer edges of the ellipse have been shaved off) It appears to disjointed as a unified design

element, which just happens to be my next point.

The new layout is fresh and simple; winner! Reminds me much of the

Dell.com layout which I happen to enjoy; simplistic yet informative.

Header issues aside, the body of the page suffers a bit of an identity crisis

as well. There is no uniform concept in marketing and color; it’s so random!

For instance the large middle container or “body container 12” has different

competing visual elements; i.e. too many independent branding schemes. First

there is the black white image from and old advertisement with a rotating flash

advertisement containing either white space or random “Vista green-blue hues”

(which I personally despise).

In addition are the “home categories” which continue the aforementioned

trend of singular independence. If there were simple headers above each of the

images instead of the images with randomly placed text announcing where they lead

to, more consistency would exist. As of now my eyes jump all over the

place reading the site.

Needless to say the main page is announcing too many things all at the same

time.

I love the reconfigured product pages; an example where uniform design works.

What I don’t like in navigating to the pages is the long list of underlined

links on the left; they are more noticeable than before now that everything is on

a white background.

Don’t get me wrong, I love what you and the team have done with the site. It

feels much more inviting and open than before. I particularly love the

new individual section page header images; gives the site more personality

which the design previous lacked. The site showcases great design

consistencies and really bad ones too.

The site is coming closer to what some consider a web 2.0 layout.

Bravo on the social networking links in the footer! You ought to

highlight those instead of making them an afterthought addition.

-Joe

• Moderators

Thanks for the feedback! I'll address some points...

The first thing that stands out to me is the Klipsch Logo;

Total agreement.

a rotating flash
advertisement containing either white space or random “Vista green-blue hues”
(which I personally despise).

The blue-green is a tie-in to a current advertising campaing focusing on the HD transistion (the colors of "hi-def," Blu-Ray, etc). It is temporary, and they will not be our color schemes moving forward.

If there were simple headers above each of the
images instead of the images with randomly placed text announcing where they lead
to, more consistency would exist. As of now my eyes jump all over the
place reading the site.

Understood, I will point this out.

What I don’t like in navigating to the pages is the long list of underlined
links on the left; they are more noticeable than before now that everything is on
a white background.

Believe it or not I tried very hard to limit the navigation on the sidebar, but it just isn't possible. If I took out any of those links, someone wouldn't be able to find something they are looking for. We simply have too many products! [:)]

Bravo on the social networking links in the footer!

They are also in the "Share This" link at the top! [Y]

As I said, we are still working on design elements, but I definitely appreciate all the feedback so far!!

..and need to find the forum (klipsch.com is as much as I can rememberSad). I thought that was how some people could find us.

Actually, the overwhelming majority of first timers to the forum find us through Google.com, or other search engines.

Case in point. And who can we blame for me finding my way here? Coytee of course. I'm thanking him [:D] , but some may be blaming him. [:$]

I may have noticed the Klipsch Forum before I signed up but what got me here when I signed up and noticed this thread called Pilgrimage and realized I've been subduing my love of audio and Klipsch for years? A google search researching hot and cold outdoor faucets that I think Coytee had started or it was his post that got me here. (note to Richard, beware of iron skillets should my wife ever meet you ... just in case she ever hears / reads this story).

Signed up for the Pilgrimage and about a month later Professor Thump is telling me to stick Klipsch 'phones in me ears! And now I have a couple of sets (Custom 2 and Image X10).

I think I had noticed the Klipsch building years before, having moved back to Indiana in 1994, maybe even before, thinking, maybe I can get a job there some day with thoughts of huge discounts or maybe they will let me drool, er I mean view the latest Klipschorns and other designs....

Unfortunately I've been in some sort of haze most of my adult life but thankfully work up or may have made several Pilgrimages before the last two. Better those two than none.

I wonder if Richard ever replaced his faucet after it froze up (in Tennessee of all places)?....

No, not a direct link. One main objective was to declutter the main page - we had way too many links on it previously. If anyone comes here frequently, I would advise to bookmark us!

(In regards to the forum link not on the home page.)

Sounded like a good idea, so I tried it. The problem is that now, I most likely won't ever see the home page again. My favorite brings me right to the forum. I bought a set of Custom 3's that I believe were linked to the home page at the time. If there are specials or something worthy of the home page, I doubt I'll see it.

I respectively disagree. Virtually every website I frequent has a forum link on their home page, which was my point to begin with. I couldn't guess the numbers but I would think the forum accounts for quite a few site hits. If it is a proportionally decent percentage points of the total site hits then I would think it deserves a link on the home page. The forum here is now difficult to find, especially for the uninitiated.

The Web site doesn't seem to be working correctly for me. I have attached a pic of what I see when I enter the main Web site.

Kain, that is the same thing that I see when I check from work. I believe it is because you don't have the updated flash player. On the work system I am restricted in updating the flash player. It is becoming more of an issue lately as web developers gravitate to the newer versions that don't seem to be backwards compatible. Oh well, I guess I will have to stay in the forums as they still work. I should probably work instead of dreaming about what speakers to buy next!

The Web site doesn't seem to be working correctly for me. I have attached a pic of what I see when I enter the main Web site.

Kain, that is the same thing that I see when I check from work. I believe it is because you don't have the updated flash player. On the work system I am restricted in updating the flash player. It is becoming more of an issue lately as web developers gravitate to the newer versions that don't seem to be backwards compatible. Oh well, I guess I will have to stay in the forums as they still work. I should probably work instead of dreaming about what speakers to buy next!

I updated to the latest version of Flash player for both FireFox and Internet Explorer 7 but I still have the same problem when viewing the Web site from either brower.

• Moderators

Amy......

I've seen several photos of the folks that attend the Pilgrimage and ain't NONE of them look like that guy in the water with his daughter.

What's up wit dat?? C'mon......put some photos of real life Klipsch-sters on there. Whatcha scared of??

Tom

Oh, Tom, I am so working on that now. You guys have no idea.

[6]

• Moderators

I respectively disagree. Virtually every website I frequent has a forum link on their home page, which was my point to begin with. I couldn't guess the numbers but I would think the forum accounts for quite a few site hits. If it is a proportionally decent percentage points of the total site hits then I would think it deserves a link on the home page. The forum here is now difficult to find, especially for the uninitiated.

There is now a link to the forum on our our klipsch.com pages in the footer.

Thanks again for the feedback!

• Moderators

I'm excited to see what you have in store for us
all. The general direction of the site is positive and for nostalgia, you
could throw this one back up!

centerylg.jpg

Awesome [Y] Thanks for the memories!!