Poll Question

Guest Webmaster

Guest Webmaster

A couple poll questions back, we inquired whether or not you were going to purchase the T2: The Ultimate Edition DVD. We're curious, of those of you who did purchase "T2," we would like to know if you are you satisfied with your purchase? Did it meet your expectations? Did you experience any problems when trying to play the movie or the extras? Did you think the re-mixed audio sounded better? Simply by voicing your opinion, you will be entered to win a FREE DVD. What are you waiting for? Also, one of our DVD gurus just reviewed this disc for the Pick-of-the-Week review, be sure to see what he thought about the Ultimate Edition. Email us! karla@dvdinsider.com?Subject=T2

• 3 weeks later...

I thought T-2 was excellent. At first I had a minor audio problem with the disc; the sound would shut off for maybe 1/2 a second. It would only happen once, in different parts of the movie, but hasn't done that at all the past few viewings. Overall, I thought it was a great package.

• 1 year later...

I think T2 is an excellent disc, and I only have 5.1, not 6.1 needed for the DTS ES and THX EX offered on the disc. Some of the deep sounds come out beautifully on my Klipsch KLF-30/C&S-6 system.

Best feature of the whole disc I think is the unique THX opener, where the "T2" symbol comes out in metal silver towards the viewer, then is shot and shatters like the movie scene with liquid nitrogen. It reforms into liquid and the THX symbol with the rising organ music. Absolutely stunning on a good system.

This is one of the discs I use to demo my system, with the THX trailer mentioned above and some great explosion scenes.

I've had a few problems with navigation on the disc, being high-end. My first cheap DVD player choked on it and died. A powerful player is definintely needed, and still very well might not get rid of all bugs. (I still get pixilation on one scene in the desert)

• 2 weeks later...

master, will we ever really get the free dvd? quentin & I still haven't gotten our hat gift u promised Smile.gif

anyway, I think that T2 disk has a pretty good mix but could have done better on the LFE. however, w/ the new 6.1 set-up I have it really did improve the surround effects. still could use more LFE like Mummy 2.

I'm happy with my purchase. And that THX opening is awesome! Just got the Terminator Special Edition that just came out and it looks and sounds spectacular.

------------------

Denon AVR-2800

KG-4 mains

Polk C-175 center

Infintiy RS-10 Surrounds

Audiosource SW-15 subwoofer

Pioneer DV333 DVD

Sony 5 disc CD player

All in a 12x12 apartment bedroom.

"What?! I can't hear you!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought it last week. Its nothing short of amazing. No real problems with the play back that I don't get with most disks. I get a small pause now and than just for a split second. Its like it looses the audio/Video feed. You can see the receiver reaquire the signal. My DVD drive is a sony DVP-NS700P which has Progressive scan. But I'm not using it haven't upgraded my TV yet Frown.gif. But like I said this happens with most discs and its not a big deal.

Terminator 2, ultimate edition was worth every penny. Just the menu, the THX trailer, etc. were cool enough. But then they went and added extra scenes DD, and DTS ES. The disc used seemless branching to put the deleted scenes in, and I've heard of some players having problems with that, but I never did, and I own a Sony, like nos. Do you guys know how to get to the "Super Secret" special edition on the disc?

You punch in the Termination Date and an extra version shows up on the main menu. Have you guys seen the "Easter Egg" website that shows all the extra hidden features on DVDs? I'll try to find it again and post the URL.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

Thi is also one of my favorite DVD's to demo with especially with the beginning THX Logo Awesome!!! I have to disagree with boa12 here and say the LFE was outstanding with my dual SVS subs. I'm not here to argue either boa12 you've been really helpful in the past and i respect what you have to say.

Craig

quote:

Originally posted by synthfreek:

You punch in the Termination Date and an extra version shows up on the main menu. Have you guys seen the "Easter Egg" website that shows all the extra hidden features on DVDs? I'll try to find it again and post the URL.

http://www.eeggs.com/

enjoy!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

I got it a few weeks ago on ebay and loved it! Would certainly recommend it.

Now, did I win the free dvd? Did anyone win it?

thanks!

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

NOTHING-Thanks for NOTHING UBid!(No reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

• 1 month later...