Most recent nominee to the idiot hall of fame - Mark Sanford - gov SC

I ain't goin political on this one- but this guy has to be the biggest world class idiot to hit the street in quite a while.

Another case of a ruined career from thinking with the wrong body part.- Are you listening John Edwards??

Move over Michael Vick.... you have some stiff competition.. no pun intended.

This guy is toast. I love our elected offiicials- they keep us laughing.

I love the title of numerous media articles " Should Mark Sanford resign?"

Hmm, lets see he did not just have a affair but had one with a woman in a country in South America.[:|] [:S]

Yeah he is a person who is the Govenor of a state and he mind is so messed up that he thinks he can have a affair with a woman who lives in another country. He should run for president he is just the man to run our country, not!

The lights are on but no ones home!!

Hmm, lets see he did not just have a affair but had one with a woman in a country in South America.IndifferentTongue Tied

Where she is from is irrelevant.

Without giving him any slack, I'm just thinknig that we are all so close to making the same kind of mistake.

Hmm, lets see he did not just have a affair but had one with a woman in a country in South America.IndifferentTongue Tied

Without giving him any slack, I'm just thinknig that we are all so close to making the same kind of mistake.

I agree with your point completely, but, of course, we all know the rules..... If you do it, be prepared to get caught. If you get caught, be prepared to pay the price. If it didn't work this way, how much closer would we be to making the same kinds of mistakes?

Bruce made a very good point. I hold the position that it is nothing but the grace of God that keeps me from being the biggest wretch in the history of man. What i think will be the biggest political ammunition against him is that he is the leader of that state and he basically disappeared. Undoubtedly, someone knew where he was; but, was it the proper chain of command? A sudden disaster hits the state--does he think he can quickly sneak back into the country? Like something going wrong at work and everyone is looking for the boss, totally ignorant to the fact the he went home early without telling anyone.

I disagree in this case it is at the heart of the matter.

What I meant was that he thought he could hide it, it being a affair in another country, from everyone. This was not some family vacation taken to another country but he left the country and did not tell anyone where he was going.

This is about his decision making choices affecting his role as Govenor of a state. He left the US to go to a another country without telling anyone.

What if a president did this?

Him having a affair is his business but when it affects his ability to be govenor then he needs to go.

But wait.  What's wrong with taking off?  It was a holiday after all.  "Father's Day." Tongue Tied

that's right, and he was thinking of his children after all. not wanting them to experience the trauma of coming home from school and learning their father was gone--they were already home!

I don't know about where she was from being irrelevant . I think it's the most amazing part of the story . After all , Republican men and Hispanic women rarely get along . It would seem that at least some part of our governor was a bit liberal .

Now it looks like this Bozo used taxpayer money to finance his little "business" excursions to see the little lady. He HAD to know that people were watching. him day and night. He HAD to know that 80% of the media was just looking for a reason to hang his @ss after the stimulis battle. It is not so much a matter of what he did.. but HOW he did it. What a complete @ss!!!!!!. STUPID.....STUPID....STUPID

Why is it that politicians... rock stars .. sports heros.... and other assorted people with a ton of money begin to believe that the rules and laws dont apply to them???

Beats me.

Why is it that politicians... rock stars .. sports heros.... and other assorted people with a ton of money begin to believe that the rules and laws dont apply to them???

It's because very rich and/or powerful persons are surrounded by people who are afraid or unwilling to say No to them. After enough years of that, they start to feel they can do anything they wish without any sort of penalty.