which klipsch loudspeaker plays most base

fredrik

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the number of Cornwalls on Michael's wall. I will say that Cornwalls do bass well. They are huge though. What type of speaker are you considering? New or vintage Klipsch? If you are more specific. I promise you will get more specific (and serious) answers.

If you are looking for wall shaking, picture bouncing, chest banging bass, i would have to honestly say none.

I have listened to, and owned a lot of Klipsch. I had 4 cornwalls here at 1 time, it was rocking, my freind said they have no bass. I thought he was crazy.

Take a look into the specs of the speakers on the site. I do believe the Forte go down to 32Hz, i think that may be the lowest rating other than a sub.

Most of the tower speakers also go down pretty low. In the heritage the Klipschorn goes down to the lowest point, other than the cornwalls.

The new Palladium P-39 is 28 Hz, now that is impressive.

But here is my honest opinion

Klipsch are not built for bass, Klipsch are built to sound, and be perfect. If you want the crazy bass i would recommend a SUB. The bigger the Klipsch, the bigger the sub, maybe even 2.

The only time i had the crazy Bass, was when I had 4 Klipschorns cranked in this small room. I actually felt the floor in my modular home lift.

The sound pressure was unbelievable.

I currently have cornwalls, they have plenty of bass, they sound perfect. If i want to have the crazy Bass i will jam out in the truck, where I have a 12inch fosgate, on a 1300 watt amp, bridged.

Klipsch is not just Bass, it is the superior quality, of craftsmanship, and sound.

Just my results over the years.

Regards Jim

I agree with Jim's statements above. Another thing has to do with the type of music/bass you are wanting to produce. IMO, I have found that Klipsch does not do so well on Rap/Hip Hop type bass without the aid of a sub. I feel they are more suited to a rock/classic rock style of bass.

guys, that photo was FOUR years ago... back when I was a wee little one. Didn't even own Klipschorns yet.

you should see the subbage (Doc's term) here now! bwhahahah

I love the CW bass, deep solid, sounds like bass. LS is tight punchy and loud but not deep. Of course Khorn ENERGIZES the room like no other.

Like I've always said, 'Collect em all- it's a set'.

To continue with Jim C's comments, Klipsch is not built for crazy stupid bass, it's built for realistic distortionless bass. So if you want it to sound like MUSIC, like the SOURCE, get Klipsch, otherwise a pair of them auto thumper speakers will shake you more for less money but will sound like shitte.

I prefer speakers that reproduce the acurate sound of bass instruments, not the ones that just play more extreme "bass", or as Coulterphoto1 so elequently describes, "Crazy stupid bass". That stuff tends to be a monotone thump and buzz kind of experience I don't care to hear.

None of the Klipsch big ole horns have the modern punchy bass. This is because they use the old style large bass drivers with a lot of surface area and small movement to move the air. This creates low, but lean, sounding bass. Typical cone small box-reflex speakers use small bass drivers that have thick rubber surrounds. On a bass impulse, the cone of the driver instantly travels a longer distance than the Klipsch bass cone, punching out a fast, but small, air wave. The result has a lot of impact, but is not as deep. Because there is so little stress on the rubber surround, bass drivers in big ole Klipsch horns can last almost forever.

Because there is so little stress on the rubber surround, bass drivers in big ole Klipsch horns can last almost forever.

It's not just the fact that Klipsch cones barely move, even when playing loud, that allow them to last almost forever, it's the fact that they don't have rubber surrounds, they have pleated and treated paper surrounds, which don't dry out and crack like the foam surrounds that most other manufacturers used to use.