Snake oil just got cheaper...

Hifi jim

Audiogon has a long history of people trying to sell all things audio. We've all seen plenty of products with incredible claims, and others that detract from what others are preaching. But this, this is a new record for the longest rant against all things high end in audio so that this unscrupulous person can sell the very snake oil he is preaching against... albeit with a lower price. I just shake my head in disbelief. http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?miscrcvr&1253907004&/Dakiom-A263-The-best-way-to-im

This from the bad things he list.

- Fancy stupid wires
- Spikes, cones, slabs
- Powered subs
- Silver, unobtainium, precious, solid core, bi-wiring
- Quality this quality that

UNOBTAINIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is one long-winded dude. I sure wouldn't want to be trapped in an elevator with him. He also has some novel concepts, like:

"Also loosen screws holding drivers to enclosure: the small vibration displacement between drivers and enclosure help damping out vibration coupling."

Nothing like loosening the attachment of something that spends all its time vibrating. I wonder if any of his drivers have eventually fallen off their baffles?

It''s not just the rattles. If the driver is free to move in its mount, that free play absorbs some of the movement of the cone or diaphragm, meaning the driver loses efficiency, sort of like trying to use a broom while standing on a skateboard.

And that's just one if his odd ideas.

What exactly is he selling for $169??

To me it looked like he bought something for that price. The post is labeled what looks to be a model # of something. I figure he bought something that he was told it would make everything 100% better. Found out that, the guy was a sales rep at a chain store. Maybe hes just trying to get rid of it. I just think, someone with that much time on the computer, doesn't probably even know anything about audio just how the sound card works on his comp. And is probably a computer wiz who thinks we have to much time and money to spend on things that we enjoy. I don't mean to bash on the dude but I think hes someone we all don't even need to worry about. Or if you want we can sit around and bash on him for a bit I have nothing better to do tonight,

duder

Dear audio enthusiasts, I like the sound of snake oil products and no one should criticize my delusionsDELUSIONS, IGNORANCE AND LIES ARE THE SAME,snake oil propaganda doesnt want closure.golden-ears certification.Audiophiles cheat and lie.Audiophiles are a bunch of SMARTASSES trying to KILL real audio PROGRESS in order to sell SNAKE OIL to stupid people.----NOTE: Stabilized means using our products and DIYs #1, 2, 3, and 4. without stabilization, there is no music.For more info on our products, please visit our web site at the link below.http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?miscrcvr&1253907004&/Dakiom-A263-The-best-way-to-im

"END QUOTE" Your guess is as good as mine.