THEY LIVE!!!!

CIGARBUM

To finally this. Started with stock 1974 KHorns, with extra wooden horns and 2 full sheets of cherry veneer. Installed the big horns along with Bob's tweeter and crossover, enclosed the backs and re-veneered then. Before I began any modifications I listened to them for about 2weeks, they soundecd good butnot real good sound stage ever with the old stuff inside. Someone said, the hell with corners, just hook them up and listen, well their half right. Wel not to leave well enought along, I had to change something. I can say with the addition of the backs and new crossover and tweeters and wooden horn they sound better, a lot better, great sound stage and seperation, wonderful clarity, the wooden horn smoothed out the mids.

If I can answer any question on what I did, just ask.

post-32367-13819498456498_thumb.jpg

When I purchased the KHorns they came with the early wooden horns and 2 sheets of the cherry veneer. The wooden horns did not have any provisions to attach to the mother board so that took a little doing but worked out very nice. The veneer was the paper backed type and used the heat lock type of glue, get an iron from your local thrift store, it will get messy. It really is not that difficult, just take your time, buy some of the trimmers, it is better than an razor blade. I added the black trim just because I thought it looked good, kind of like the 60th Ann. All in all it took about a month.

One word of caution, measure every piece you cut, each speaker is not the same, they vary by as much as 1/2", I guess it depends how fussy you are.

CB