ebay member toyresell

Budman

i wanted to bid on this ebay sellers items for sale on klipsch k-22-ef woofers and maybe his k-77 tweeters. he won't answer any emails i've sent him about his location as to pick up instead of shipping and now he has banned me from bidding on his items. what a piece of dirt this person is. when you have a product for sale you must answer you email questions about your sale items. are these people for real. what do you guys think

I don’t know – I like to give people the benefit of doubt if I don’t know the circumstances, the seller could be going through an unexpected emergency and the ebay item could be the last thing on the sellers mind at the moment. Does the seller have good ebay history..

He may be paranoid (cautious ?) about allowing local pickup. Worries can range from theft (especially if you trade in high $$ elecronics), to possible violation of local business ordinances or simply someone who is introverted and not an IRL people person. This in no way excuses not answering emails, and certainly not blocking you from bidding, a simple reply stating that they only ship or 'no local pickup' is not to much to ask. I wonder if he would answer your emails if you had received a defective product from him ??

a

I'd consider sending him a link to this thread, which could change you from an unknown to a known quantity as well as let him know what others think. I did that once, it turned around a doubtful buyer (who lost the chance anyway of the delay).

I can see why he probably wouldn't want local pickup with those auctions. He already has all his stuff setup for free shipping. Trying to figure out how much if any discount he could give you would be a problem. The shipping is already worked in the final price and he will have to pay a final value percentage to Ebay based on free shipping. Local pickup would screw that up too money wise. Last but not least, some buyers that say they are gonna do local pickup never pay and never pickup. Its usually best for everybody to ship unless its real heavy or real big.