9-11-09

Me Loves Khorns

I just sometimes feel like we are already getting quickly to the point where the significance is practically non existant. By the time these little ones are big... Yeah, it will be a historical footnote.

Don't mean to be cynical but isn't that how Life works? My family suffered repercussions because of the Vietnam War, but lessons didn't seem to be learned . [:S]

I am not arguing with you, but I have debated extensively over the last 8 years the importance of addressing the global problem of Terrorism that Crosses Borders, which was the lesson I learned from 9/11, but too many Americans seem to be caught up in politics and not discussing solutions to the problem or listening to the experts who are.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..Look for example that over 90% of those who attend the memorial of the USS Arizona are now Japanese, and most would say that I am out of place for even taking notice of such an event, yet it is terribly unfair to the memories of those that lived it, and those who died there.

I think the most significant point I wish to make is that I really don't think these childrens birth date will impact their little lives at all.

Roger

Did mean to imply that some American said that you were out of place when you were showing your respects at the USS Arizona?Hmm

Insofar as the Japanese are concerned, I understand completely why they would show up, but would be surprised if your are correct in your percentage. Where did you get that number from?

tkdamerica,

Yes, I have had people born in this country tell me that it was so long ago that who really cares, or that people need to get over it.

Have you been to see the Arizona in the last 10 years or so?? From my experiences there, 90% (my estimate) is actually probably lower then the actual number.

Roger

...Yes, I have had people born in this country tell me that it was so long ago that who really cares, or that people need to get over it.

Have you been to see the Arizona in the last 10 years or so?? From my experiences there, 90% (my estimate) is actually probably lower then the actual number.

Roger

I haven't had the honor and have no problem you putting the idiots in there place who said that to you. Btw, thanks for answering my question. {EDIT: Fwiw, I am glad to see Japanese people visiting our country and learning valuable historical lessons.... No doubt the memorials at Nagasaki and Hiroshima are thought provoking as well.}

Yes, that is the way life works.

Speaking of life. The first of the three made it here all safe and sound. A beautiful baby girl! The other two babies seem to want to have absolutely nothing to do with entering the world today. Seem very content with their present living conditions. Nice and dark, quiet, warm... Bright light at the end of the tunnel, Me standing at the end of the tunnel. That's enought to make you want to stay put right there!

The race of the snails!

Paul

Yes, that is the way life works.

Speaking of life. The first of the three made it here all safe and sound. A beautiful baby girl! The other two babies seem to want to have absolutely nothing to do with entering the world today. Seem very content with their present living conditions. Nice and dark, quiet, warm... Bright light at the end of the tunnel, Me standing at the end of the tunnel. That's enought to make you want to stay put right there!

The race of the snails!

Paul

Paul,

Don't crank that Pit up to fast!! [;)]

Roger

And for all the women on the forum....

I sincerely am sorry for the above comment about pitocin. Labor is no laughing matter. There is very little laughing in labor. There is nothing to laugh about in labor. Men should have to labor. I agree. Would be even more pain control options available if men had to have babies. I agree with this also. Better, even more birth control options would be around if men got pregnant. I too agree with this.

And, yes, I have noticed that many unfair things in womens' lives have the word 'men' in them...

Menopause, Menstration, Mental anguish and breakdown, etc.

For part of the collective Men. I am sorry.

Paul

Wow. Talk about off topic. Interesting though.

The state of hawaii relies on big spending japanese tourists as a large part of its economy. Twisted may well be right with the percentage these days, yet the reasons could be many and varied as to why. It has been the American pattern in the past to rebuild defeated war adversaries, such as germany and japan. Personally I think the world has benefitted from this. Coincindently enough, the largest problems geopolitically are from places that have not been utterly militarily destroyed part and parcel with no resistance remaining.

As I recall we have met in person once. You have my humor down anyway. I tried to avoid this thread because as you stated before I am one of those who live it every day. But foreskins for eyelids was just too much not to say something.

Oldtimer,

Paul made a medical joke about Pitocin. It was Pauls thread orriginally. My staement was made to peek his interest as the punch line is;

"The only problem is that the patients keep turning out Cock-Eyed!!!"

Roger

As I recall we have met in person once. You have my humor down anyway. I tried to avoid this thread because as you stated before I am one of those who live it every day. But foreskins for eyelids was just too much not to say something.

Oldtimer,

Paul made a medical joke about Pitocin. It was Pauls thread orriginally. My staement was made to peek his interest as the punch line is;

"The only problem is that the patients keep turning out ***-Eyed!!!"

Roger

Excellent!

Hard to imagine it was 8 years ago that I saw so many die as those huge towers fell.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families that must feel today like it was just yesterday.... Not some remote memory in our collective memory banks....

Paul

Well put Paul. We must never forget nor allow the tragic events of 9/11/2001 to ever be forgotten.