South Dakota pics

wuzzzer

The trip was amazing - 80 degrees and sunny the entire time. The places we went to weren't as busy since we went out of season. We stayed at the Super 8 motel in Rapid City. $35 a night for a single Queen sized bed, free contintental breakfast, very clean room. For the money it couldn't be beat.

Posted Image

My parents have a picture of me standing by this same dinosaur over 20 years ago:

Posted Image

Posted Image

View from a cave at the bottom of Mount Rushmore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice pictures--looks like a real fun trip. Mt Rushmore definately lives up to the hype. one of the few places that has--i went to several hawaiian islands looking for these waterfalls that looked so cool in the books--ended up being very underwhelmed when i got there. but, mt. rushmore didn't let me down. i still want to see niagra falls--hope it looks as awesome as i think it will be.

i still want to see niagra falls--hope it looks as awesome as i think it will be.

It is. I've been there and it is amazing how loud and large it is. I guess you could say that Niagara Falls is the Klipschorn Jubilee of the waterfall world. [:)]

Great photos Mark, thanks for sharing. Splendid color in the monument and blue skies!

Those took me back to a trip around the west side of our country that my brother and I took years ago. After seeing the Grand Canyon from both rims, Yellowstone and the Tetons, I think we spent a whopping 7 minutes at Mt Rushmore. I remember we laughed about '7 years to build- 7 minutes to photograph'. It really is a beautiful state and I should go back there some time.

Michael

• Moderators

She didn't like the long drive. As most of you know, I planned the trip without telling my wife where we were going. She had a lot of fun once we got there but the long car ride there and back was met with a bit of complaining.

Well that's not to bad if that was the only problem, glad both of you had fun.

We just did the Tetons and Yellowstone tour last month. Wife planned and it was fantastic. We flew into Jackson WY and spent most of a week in that area. Then drove up to Yellowstone and it was certainly stupendous. Be sure to check for planned road work in the Yellowstone approach and actual park roads, as that can alter your plans drastically. One major leg of the basic "figure 8" in Yellowstone was closed for work but we say 90% of what we wanted to see, simply amazing stuff, very worthwhile.

• 3 months later...