WHY AM I GETTING UNSOLICITATED EMAIL ??????

HeeHaw2

Hello All AND AMY,

I just joined today ... Guess what....SPAM SPAM SPAM.

I read a posting here months ago where someone else had just koined and then go an email about some other forum.....

SAME #@$%^@#$%^#@$% thing happened to me.

Is this some Klipsch approved site or is someone getting points for letting them advertise here ?????

"This email was sent from a user at The Klipsch Community. Replyingto this email will be sent back to the user via normalemail.Sent From: standandeliverSubject: awesome new forum__________________________________

hi mate,

fantastic members only hi fi forum

www.hifitalk.forumotion.com

regards neil "

Who is this #$%@#$bag that he can get my email address. Today is Sunday within minutes of joinimng I get this .... I doubt he was sitting at his computer just waiting for me... so it must be some sort of automated software.....

I seem to remember the last time Amy ... you said it would be takin' care of and not happen again.....

Very pissed off.

Sorry to hear of that experience. I've been on here.. well a while. I don't know that I've ever received any unsolicited email that I could remotely connect with my membership here on the Klipsch Forum.

I think I can reassure you without reservation that Klipsch or no one at that company has anything to do with any connection with any other websites or phishing capabilities.

Michael

• Moderators

For what it's worth, that forum is awful. The most disgusting and mean things are said. I would never allow them to advertise on here, not to mention use our software to send spam. He doesn't actually get your email address - you can send an email to anyone one thru the forum if their profile allows it.

I'm sorry, and NO, we do not approve. I have a feeling he targets new members since you can see who has recently joined. I ban him every time he appears as someone new. Again, I'm very sorry.

Since this has happened before ... why not have your attorney's have a fireside chat with the young man.

• Moderators

Since this has happened before ... why not have your attorney's have a fireside chat with the young man.

He's not in the US, and I'm not sure we could contact him if we wanted to.

Plus he is within his legal rights to send emails to other forum members. Forum policy dictates the "no soliciting" rule.

If you do not wish to receive emails from members, there are options for privacy in your profile. Go to Edit Profile, Emails, and choose No for "Receive Emails."

Shouldn't have to do that, but unfortunately a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

There's nothing sinister about that site, as in malware. It's one guy's audio forum, but he makes a habit of trying to solicit new members from every audio site he can find and laughs about how quickly he gets banned from some sites.

His site is getting very little action these days, so he probably has more time on his hands than usual.

• Moderators

Again, I apologize. The only way I can keep him from doing what he's doing is to completely disable the ability to email other forum members, and I don't think anyone wants that.

To reiterate what others have said, he is an individual trying to gather interest for his forum, and is not a true "spammer" with malicious intent (malware or viruses). You shouldn't hear from him more than once, and if he continues to bother you, please make me aware.

Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...