Cornwall III's!..............

Daughdrill

RAW = UNFINISHED. I hope CA makes another addendum to his ebaY posting...his "Cornwall II's" can't be from '74.cwm15.gif Can he have an updated mid driver(K-57/1.5") on a Cornwall I horn(K-55/2"), this will mate up?cwm19.gif The woofs I can see.

This message has been edited by SOUNDJUNKIE on 03-05-2002 at 09:05 PM

Apparently he's going to get what he wants for them. He still says they are II's, so how do you retract the "bought in 1974" comment when it's obvious the II's didn't exist then. Judging by the pic of the left speaker it looks like the outline of a I middriver...so he has I's with II mid drivers. I still don't know if a II driver will mate up with a I horn.cwm15.gif , anyone want to clarify this? Not that I'm going to buy them, my Chorus II's are coming via stork next week, BigBird.cwm35.gif

This message has been edited by SOUNDJUNKIE on 03-05-2002 at 10:47 PM

Hum..my brain is sowly engaging after an all nighter. I'm now wondering if some of those II's that were being bought in Germany, in 1974, were actually NOS manufactured earlier and were already in country or ship in. None us cared about date codes then. Vertical Mounted Horns were definately made in 74. The Corn confusion continues.

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

Does anybody know anything about the K-52-K midrange driver? I believe the I came with the K-55-V and the II's came with a K-57-K. How about the woofer? I received a picture of the woofer cone but there were no markings on the driver. I believe the I came with a K-33 and the II came with a K-34-E...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Ok Guys:

One more time! I DID purchase these speakers in late 1974, early 1975, NEW and they ARE Cornwall speakers. I notice that someone has agreed with me that Cornwalls WERE manufactured this late!

I know this is the date, because these speakers were purchased when we moved, and I had to, RELUCTANTLY, sell my Klipschorns, and with the funds I bought this pair of cornwalls.

Some of you have asked my definition of "unfinished." I mean by this that they are still raw wood - no stain or finish has been applied, except to the front molding, which was stained to match the cabinets in which they used to reside. This stain can easily be matched, or this simple molding can easily be replaced.

Fortunately, because they were in cabinets, I detect no dirt in the grain of the wood, nor warping!

I have TRIED to attached photos to this message. I have no idea whether it will work.

Claiborne Young

Watermark Publishing

opcom@netpath.net

http://www.CruisingGuide.com

I had asked for the serial #'s also here they are as stated by the seller:

"Type CD-BR and the serial numbers are 5N856 and 5N857"

According to my Klipsch serial # decoder ring this makes them from '75.

This message has been edited by edster00 on 03-06-2002 at 05:20 PM

cornwallmdrange.jpgHear Ye, Hear Ye...the aforementioned midrange driver issue has been resolved, damn I hope so. It is in fact a K-53. I have posted a blownup/enhanced pic(?) and it appears that there is a "3" under what appears to be a handwritten "2". Slam dunk. OH CA?

This message has been edited by SOUNDJUNKIE on 03-06-2002 at 06:23 PM

I think I might have this thing figured out. CA's saying they're Cornwall II's. However, I think they are Cornwall I's instead. The Midrange horn would be the same K-600 metal horn as always with a newer Klipsch driver designed to replace the K-55. And of course the replacement Klipsch 15 incher used in place of the Old K-33-E. The K-77 tweeter appears to be Alnico which would also be correct for a Cornwall I of that period. Serial number checks out as 1975 so I see no other alternative.

Jon

BTW, there is a biography of Paul W. Klipsch to be released on March 15th. Written by two people my father works with! Check out www.mrspaulwklipsch.com to learn more about it.

------------------

markvi82@hotmail.com

1981 Cornwall I's

Yamaha DSP-A1000 integrated amp

Acoustic Research AR3A's for Pro-Logic rears

(Music only setup)

Marantz CD Player

Yamaha Turntable with Stanton EE Cartridge

This message has been edited by Cornwalled on 03-08-2002 at 01:44 AM

• Klipsch Employees

I have the same speakers only in MH

My left is 74" and the right is 67"

He has the Cornwall II mid and the K-33-E woofer

If he did not change the xover the mids will not sound as bright as they did new.

I too would like to know about the K-55-V that came new in the speaker. I could use another pr.

Some of the Vert horn Cornwalls came with "side risers"

so they could be placed on there side.

In the log books, there are Cornwalls with the mid and tweet in the center of the long side. to be use on its side as a center.

Put that on your Sony and count the colors.....

Anyway, they went for a good price and anytime you have questions about what speaker you have drop me a line. I know where the log books are, just down the hall.....

cwm12.gif

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

• Like 1

Trey, On the Cornwalls that layed on there sides did Klipsch change the location of the vented port so that it was coupled to the floor. I've thaought about doing this for my center channel Cornwall but didn't know if the port needs to be closer to the floor.

Thanks Dan

Trey has found the Holy Grail of Cornwall!

Exactly what kind of info is in the log books, Trey? Can you post a shot? Scan a page? Scan the exact page on which my babies' births are recorded? I'm serious: lots of us will want a peek...

Sincerely,

Gene Eology

AKA fini

• Klipsch Employees

Back in the day before computers, each speaker was logged in a book. Each book had only one type of speaker in itKhorn, Cornwall.

These logs are kept under lock and key. They are still in Hope, but will be moved to Indy around June. I hope to make a .PDF of each book. As you may know the first book was started in the 40s. The 1st Cornwall book has pictures, hand drawn, of the different styles and a list of its drivers and horns. Later books show date built and how they were sold to.

Once this info is in electronic form, we may post it on the web.

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

• Like 1