Please don't name any more Detroit Pro Teams after Felines!

picky

After the way the Lions became the first NFL team ever to lose all 16 games last year and now the Tigers have become the first MLB team to lose their division championship spot after squandering their lead of 3 games with 4 games left, I think it's safe to say both teams should just form one big team and call it the Pussycats! There's No More Roar left around here! m-e-o-w! Sheesh! [:S] -Glenn

Tired of hearing this detroit pouting haha...the lions...yes...lots of bad decisions and some bad luck and lots of bad coaching and managment decisions...luckily football turns around fairly quickly...you look better this year...if managment concentrates on rebuilding rather than winning 10 games, they can contend in a few years. Try being a Cubs fan...my first week of next year...year 101 and counting. The redwings are good, the pistons have had there share of success, the tigers sucked it up this year, but have been in the mix several times. I still have nightmares of Barry Sanders.

It's been hell BigStewMan. I'm having a difficult time understanding why Russell can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I think it's his heart--or lack of one. Boomer Eisason said that the Raiders fined him heavily for missing meeting, being late to meetings, and being overweight, they also said that his behavior was a pattern. I've heard other reports that he doesn't watch film either--he may be one of those guys that jeff garcia said was only there to pick up his paycheck. Guys like Peyton Manning, Kobe Bryant--they spend hours watching film--and it shows in their performance. The draft is a crap shoot to a large degree and every single team has had many busts over the years; I think Al Davis should just suck it up and admit that they screwed the pooch on this pick and move on.

Not just Detroit, but the NFL as a whole, needs to setup a Standard First 3 years salary limit. If after that the Person performs then they could get an increase.

Do away with stupid Sports agents/ Lawyers who drive prices up................the fans can not afford to pay the outragous fees to attend games............

It is sad that Familys can't afford to buy tickets anymore..............due to these overrated first year player salaries.............and there antics off of the Field !

JMHO.

Thanks, now I feel better................

Please don't get me wrong, guys; I am not looking for any sympathy at all. I agree the Wings continue to be amazing and the Piston's have had their share of time in the spot light (and thankfully, neither of them are named after felines). But, I am not even the slightest bit of a football fan (never have been) and I've been only a passive baseball fan the past 10 years. I used to be a baseball nut. But this thing with the Lions has gone on for so-o-o long that they have become nothing more than a joke (even around here) and after the way the Tigers played all year, only to see them squander the lead that they worked so hard to build, it just gets to be very frustrating. And I am hoping that maybe by airing my "laundry", maybe; just maybe, one of those guys will see this and think about what's going on with the teams. How the heck do you go on year-after-year-after-year and not improve at all, or even get worse, as in last year's Lions season? And how do you lead the league all year long like the Tigers did and then lose it all in the last couple of weeks like the Tigers did? I just don't get it. [:|] - Glenn

Hey Glenn--try being a Raider fan the past five years or so. Hang in there buddy.

Try being a Raider fan for 35 years . Ahh , the good ole days .

sunburnwilly--i'm right there with you; i was just highlighting this recent era of suckiness. i remember my ex-wife telling me about three years ago, "why are you mad--you choose to be a fan of that team." I told her, "No I didn't choose it--I was born right down the road from the collesium--I had no choice." As long as I can still keep watching clips from the 70s on YouTube--they're still a good team. Throw in the fact that i'm also a SF Giants fan--I've had my share of sports heartache. At least the Lakers didn't let me down last year.