KP-600 History

seti

I've been looking for information on the KP-600's. There isn't anything posted on the Klipsch site that I can find. Can someone fill us in on its history? Why was such a great system discontinued? If someone could post some official literature that would be super cool

kp-600c.jpg

Dave%20Roger%20and%20Kevin.jpg

Dear Sir;

I own a 24 box KP 600 system and if you need some info e mail me at jophise@comcast .net as i have info on this system. The system was very expensive to build an is made of fiberglass and mylar over a balsa core. the sub and low cabs are tuned above and below their resonant frequency.

Klipsch at one point I believe lost money on each sale. But I can tell this is hands down the best sounding arena system ever made, even to date!!!! The detail in the mid high at low volume and at earbleading levels is just amazing. To bad the powers that be at Klipsch desided that they did not want go forward with updated designes because there were many, based on the input from RAM Sound in Florida and myself Northeast Sound in Massachusetts. Hope I can help you.

Joey B KP600

Dear Sir;

I own a 24 box KP 600 system and if you need some info e mail me at jophise@comcast .net as i have info on this system. The system was very expensive to build an is made of fiberglass and mylar over a balsa core. the sub and low cabs are tuned above and below their resonant frequency.

Klipsch at one point I believe lost money on each sale. But I can tell this is hands down the best sounding arena system ever made, even to date!!!! The detail in the mid high at low volume and at earbleading levels is just amazing. To bad the powers that be at Klipsch desided that they did not want go forward with updated designes because there were many, based on the input from RAM Sound in Florida and myself Northeast Sound in Massachusetts. Hope I can help you.

Joey B KP600

I'd love to hear a 24 box kp 600 system!!!!!

email sent

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for information on the KP-600's. There isn't anything posted on the Klipsch site that I can find. Can someone fill us in on its history? Why was such a great system discontinued? If someone could post some official literature that would be super cool

kp-600c.jpg

Dave%20Roger%20and%20Kevin.jpg

Seti,

Joey B. is the man to help you on these. He and I have been in touch a couple of times a week for the last month or so. Joey B. has a 24 box system, Bob Mcterie has a 22 box system with a pair of KP-682s to replace two of the KP-650 sub woofer boxes that he never got arround to ordering, and Dave Phipps had a 36 box KP-600 system. These were the three biggest Klipsch KP-600 settups in the USA that I am aware of. The KP-600-A versions like Kevin Harmon and I have were $25,000 for the 6 boxes to make two stacks when they were new. I have listened to Kevins KP-600s run at the same time with the KP-600 set that used to be owned by Bill H. I have also Listened to Kevin Harmons KP-600s run at the same time with his MCM-1900 stacks, and I have listened too Bob McT.s system set up with only 12 of his KP-600s plus 4 KP-450s and all the Klipsch stage monitors when he did a Jazz festival in Kevins home town of LaFayette Louisianna. Kevin has pictures of that show when we went together, but he won't be back until after Thanksgiving from his Kansas hunt. Joey B. has alot of really cool pictures from different venues he has done sound for.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this thread is old, but here are a few posts from Ian Thacker on the KP600 system history.

A little Ian background 1st:

I became a Klipsch aficionado back in the late 1960's and 1978 I took the reins of distribution for all Klipsch products in Australasia and the south Pacific. (someone had to call on all those islands and I bet there are still many HP1's & CP1's hanging in beach bars) This eventually led to me relocating to Hope AR and to work for Klipsch and Associates. I was around when PWK sold the company to Fred Klipsch. When Fred sold the pro division I became its leader and Paul and I remained good friends (enjoying many a bottle of Bushmills together).

I just read this thread about the KP600 system.............. many interesting comments. However, no one has chimed in on this yet about the Italian connection. Lest we forget.

The KP 600 system's initial design with its unique attributes actually started in Brescia, Northern Italy. Yes that got your attention!

The concept was the brainchild of a 1960's rock musician by the name of Guido Noselli. The company that he founded in the 70's, Outline, was for many years the distributor for Klipsch & Associates in Italy. Outline distributed both the consumer and professional product lines for Klipsch alongside their own products that were designed in house and had many engineering exchanges. Outline continued its association with WWR/Klipsch Professional. Klipsch and Outline exchanged many ideas over the years. The entire engineering crew at K&A (not just Hunter and Delgado for there were many others) did a great job on the KP600 but it was not just a homegrown Hope, AR thing.

Bump!!! I am not sure what you meant by that but it brought to mind to ask if anyone had noticed that the KP600 system was designed to pack efficiently into a standard semi-trailer van. The first stack would roll into the truck and sit to one side facing forward. The second stack would roll in and be placed along side but facing aft thus utilizing the full width of the trailer ..............and so on.

Made life easy for the bump out and rolling down the highway!!!.

Link to thread:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/101593.aspx?PageIndex=1

all you need to know is right here on the Forums, the multi-page owners manual has been posted here, try SEARCH function.

I was just curious how many key strokes it would take to post (9 mouse clicks) vs .........

KP-600.pdf

I did finally post the full owner's manual to another KP-600 thread, having not been able to locate it using the SEARCH function. My intention was to help the newer guys learn to search for themselves instead of spoon feeding every repeat inquiry. SF- I spent probably 20 minutes last night checking the Forum and digging my own archives to help you guys out. it wasn't laziness on my part, as you imply.

• 3 months later...