A fond farewell...

jhoak

My son stopped by the house this afternoon for his usual Saturday afternoon "I need some $$"... err... Chat...

While talking to him I mentioned that I'd come to a decison about some changes to the living room 5.1 system versus the 2 channel system. Very much in passing I said "yea.. I'll be posting the Heresys on Craigslist soon. He perks up a bit and tells me that one of his coworkers is looking for a nice pair of Heresys. He calls him and about 30 minutes later this guy (let's call him Bill) shows up.

Bill comes in to the spare bedroom where I currently have (had) the Heresys set up in a 2-channel system and stops in his tracks. He looks at me and says "They're identical to the ones I already have". Well after a just a few minutes of listening he says "yea I want them". He strokes a check and away they go to a new home.

I'm really torn right now between sad that they're gone and happy that they're in a "good home". You see he already has a pair of 83 HBRs that he bought new in 83. Mine were the first pair of "matching" Heresys that he'd ever seen for sale. Let's just say that he was pretty jazzed to get them.

let's call him Bill

I'm always suspicous of people named Bill...

To your point, I'd suspect you'll get accustomed to them being gone and appreciate that they have a happy new owner. [Y]

Maybe a year after you get over it you will admit to yourself that you've been lieing to yourself and really do miss them and will do something goofy like build LaScalas or Belles or something even more outrageous to replace them.

[;)]

My son stopped by the house this afternoon for his usual Saturday afternoon "I need some $$"... err... Chat...

While talking to him I mentioned that I'd come to a decison about some changes to the living room 5.1 system versus the 2 channel system. Very much in passing I said "yea.. I'll be posting the Heresys on Craigslist soon. He perks up a bit and tells me that one of his coworkers is looking for a nice pair of Heresys. He calls him and about 30 minutes later this guy (let's call him Bill) shows up.

Bill comes in to the spare bedroom where I currently have (had) the Heresys set up in a 2-channel system and stops in his tracks. He looks at me and says "They're identical to the ones I already have". Well after a just a few minutes of listening he says "yea I want them". He strokes a check and away they go to a new home.

I'm really torn right now between sad that they're gone and happy that they're in a "good home". You see he already has a pair of 83 HBRs that he bought new in 83. Mine were the first pair of "matching" Heresys that he'd ever seen for sale. Let's just say that he was pretty jazzed to get them.

I have never sold a firearm or a Klipsch speaker that I didn't regret.............

Maybe a year after you get over it you will admit to yourself that you've been lieing to yourself and really do miss them and will do something goofy like build LaScalas or Belles or something even more outrageous to replace them.Wink

You mean something like this???

post-34422-13819512183932_thumb.jpg