This Is It

greg928gts

Just got back from seeing the Michael Jackson movie "This Is It".

Some really good footage, and a glimpse into how much work goes into producing a Michael Jackson show. Much of his singing and dancing were "half speed", he wasn't really putting it out since it was just rehearsal. But the footage of the later rehearsal's had much more soul and tightness. You could see how the show was coming together.

Some of the renditions of older songs were really great, like "The Way You Make Me Feel", which has such a great groove to it anyway, and the way MJ captured the essence of the song in the simplest form and then brought it to life on stage was just terrific.

I've been a big critic of how he handled his personal life, and I've used the word "freak" many times when talking about MJ, but there's no denying the talent this man had. I recommend you go see this movie.

Greg

Edit - I forgot to mention the choreography. Just awesome!

Interesting.

I just listened to a review of the movie from a reviewer I agree with about 99% of the time and his view of the movie was, well it has about as much depth as a sheet of paper. It was interesting to see how they strung old and new film together to make this movie. He did say that while it was interesting, don't expect much from it.

I don't plan on seeing the movie but then again I never gave much thought to MJ anyway, sort of like Elvis, I never cared for him much either but he had to die on my birthday so for 20 years, I had to suffer through an all day tribute to Elvis. It has gotten better over the last several years so that is why I limited my displeasure to only 2 decades[;)]

The quality of his recordings were always top notch, used them many times to tweak my car audio system when I competed in IASCA years ago.

The level of detail and precision is outstanding and a great way to show off what a good Klipsch home system is capable of. He was a musical genius.

The level of detail and precision is outstanding and a great way to show off what a good Klipsch home system is capable of.

You can credit the producers for most of the quality recording and the mix.

Quincy Jones and Bruce Swedien crafted the records and made them technically successful.